Unusual lamp help to ID please

Discussion in 'Metalware' started by tyeldom3, Sep 2, 2017.

1. tyeldom3

tyeldom3 Well-Known Member

Stands approx. 32" high. No marks found. Metal and the red (ish) parts appear to be cast iron, magnet does stick to the red parts. Any ideas on age or possible maker? Also what type of shades would have been on this? I can't quite figure out if this lamp is considered "Industrial"?, or not. Thanks for your time. I'm taking a quick break from watching the Gator's game, and they are losing:(, so I need to get back to watching......
    1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg

KingofThings and aaroncab like this.
  2. buyingtime777

buyingtime777 Well-Known Member

The wiring and fixtures should narrow a date down if they are original but I am not an expert. I think that the one prong on the plug being wider became standard practice in the 50's and the indication it can take 150 watt bulb would make me think it somewhat modern. The vibe I get is 80's but that is just a guess. I do think with the right shade it could work nicely in Industrial decor.

KingofThings and tyeldom3 like this.
  3. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

I think 1980s too. Post-modern.

Debora

4. buyingtime777

buyingtime777 Well-Known Member

Upon closer examination it looks like someone has added the notes about 150 watts? Are the inside of the bulb receptacles cardboard?

5. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

150 watts times 2 bulbs is a blinding amount of light! :inpain:
    Does the ball at the top unscrew to add a shade?

6. tyeldom3

I just checked and yes there is some type of hard card board type inside. I also found a blue "underwriter laboratories " label that read "Hart Associates " on the bottom of it. So I did some digging and there does appear to be a lamp company by that name.
    Thanks for your help buying time.:)

KingofThings likes this.
  7. tyeldom3

Thanks Debora:)

KingofThings likes this.
  8. tyeldom3

Thanks Bakers, just checked and yes it does! Thanks for that, so I guess it took a single shade at the top?

KingofThings and Bakersgma like this.
  9. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

I have a table lamp (purchased early 70's) with the same central pipe and S-shaped 2 bulb arrangement. The shade is round with metal structure and thick paper on the side. There are 3 "spokes" that connect the from the outside to a small round hub in the center with a hole through it for the elongated screw on the finial. There's a slightly larger spot at the top of the pipe for the hub of the shade to rest on.

Mine has pull chains for the sockets instead of those round plastic switches.

10. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

11. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

KingofThings, tyeldom3 and Bakersgma like this.
  12. tyeldom3

Wonderful information, thanks again Bakers and Debora. Much appreciated.:) that lamp you showed looks very similar. I might just re-finish this myself and try to give it a freshened up look.

KingofThings likes this.