Unusual Mark on Japanese(?) Wine Goblet

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by 15Stiftgasse, May 5, 2021.

1. 15Stiftgasse

15Stiftgasse Well-Known Member

I've recently come across this supposedly 'old' Japanese goblet for sale. The design seems to be probably Chinese/Japanese. As regards old ? Hmmm. However, the mark on the base has got me puzzled. Unfortunately, the photos I received are not that clear. The columnar type mark tends to suggest Japanese to me, although I've no idea about the rest of the markings - which seem more 'European' - if you see what I mean.

Can any experts help by shedding some light any light on this somewhat mysterious object ?

Many thanks !!!!!!!!! 051_317641814.jpg 051_483255625.jpg

judy likes this.
  2. laura9797

laura9797 Well-Known Member

Gold mouth and rim seem strange. I would have said English - can you get a better photograph of the mark?

15Stiftgasse and judy like this.
  3. 15Stiftgasse

15Stiftgasse Well-Known Member

Sorry. I have only got the pics supplied by the seller - which is what I've posted.

judy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted