Featured Unusual necklace (?)

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Willcpfc, Mar 5, 2021.

1. Willcpfc

Willcpfc Well-Known Member

Hello. Here is another from my box of unusual things. Presumably a necklace. I believe it is silver - it polishes up with the silver cloth but it is a task due to its construction as you can see.

Not one I have been able to find out about yet.

Any clues would be most welcome. IMG_20210305_131612_compress4.jpg IMG_20210305_131634_compress14.jpg IMG20210305131446_compress51.jpg

kyratango, komokwa, KSW and 4 others like this.
  2. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Lovely. We see these regularly here in the Netherlands, but they aren't Dutch. It could have been made in any filigree manufacturing country, of which there are a lot.
    Any marks anywhere? They could be tiny, you can check by feeling for slight indentations with your fingers. Feel the frames, those are smooth so you should be able to feel any marks.

KSW, i need help, judy and 1 other person like this.
  3. Willcpfc

Thank you. That is excellent - the word filigree is a new one for me. I have just been over it with a 10x loup and cannot see any marks unfortunately. Perhaps the design might give some more clues.

KSW, judy, Any Jewelry and 1 other person like this.
  4. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

It could be German, but that is just a guess. I'm pretty sure it is Continental European.

5. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

I am very surprised to see this as a necklace. Does not look like it would be comfortable to wear. I was expecting a belt. :rolleyes:

KSW, i need help and judy like this.
  6. Willcpfc

It measures exactly 50cm in length.

KSW likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted