Unusual Orange Kralik Vase

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Carol Myers, Apr 20, 2020.

1. Carol Myers

Carol Myers New Member

2. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Welcome Carol.May we see the bottom ? Knee jerk to me is it doesnt quite look Kralik,but I could be wrong,I often am . :)

i need help likes this.
  3. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

So a nice tango vase, usually these are identified a Czech, not sure if the attribution gets more specific?

i need help likes this.
  4. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Last edited: Apr 20, 2020
  5. Carol Myers

Carol Myers New Member

Thanks for your reply. There is no mark on the bottom. I have a pair of larger cranberry Kralik vases with threading, etched on the bottom with KRALIK. I also have a 7" tall orange (supposed) Kralik "tango" vase without the mark, just as this one has no mark. I would also add that this is more of a red-orange color. Thanks for any info you might have. I'm no expert, for sure. I am trying to identify/categorize my mother's vase collection.

6. Carol Myers

Carol Myers New Member

i need help likes this.
  7. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Just edited my comment to read I DIDNT see it, not I did. Sorry, :hilarious:

8. Carol Myers

Carol Myers New Member

9. Carol Myers

Carol Myers New Member

Well, the yellow one comes the closest I would say. In any case, it is a really sweet little vase. I just can't figure how that double threading ends up as one at the top! I must be specially challenged...

i need help likes this.
  10. Carol Myers

Carol Myers New Member

SPACIALLY challenged!

i need help likes this.
  11. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

There is a lot the bottom can tell us, marked or not. How it is made can speak volumes to the right boardie, please post a photo of the bottom :)

12. flipper

flipper Striving to face adversity with tact and humor

[​IMG]
    rucklczglass.com but it would not allow me to go to the site. It said something about privacy and error...but I thought this look similar and it was called Kralik.

13. Carol Myers

Carol Myers New Member

Thank you for your reply. Here is a photo, the dark is just a shadow, let me know if you want a better photo.

Attached Files:

14. Carol Myers

Carol Myers New Member

Yes indeed, it is similar. I did get to the site, pretty interesting. Will have to check it out more thoroughly a little later. Thank you for your photo!

Draft saved Draft deleted