Unusual Paperweights with holes ?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Brubaker50, Jan 31, 2018.

1. Brubaker50

Brubaker50 Well-Known Member

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg Never seen these before a couple of paperweights look like murano glass with a hole up the center see photos very unusual and don't know what the use would be any help greatly appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Depending on the size of the hole they could be pen holders or candle sticks. Another option could be perfumes without stoppers.
    Don

judy, Sandra and Bronwen like this.
  3. Brubaker50

You would think that but never have I seen a paperweight like these and I have had quite a few over the years .They remind me of murano somerso both have finished flat at the top and bottom with one having the sides flat as well the smaller one most curious.

4. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I'd have guessed ornamental vases or perfumes with the stoppers gone. Are the flat tops scratched up a bit? If so they were probably mean to have the hole side up.

Figtree3 and judy like this.
  5. Brubaker50

just added better photos those other were taken at night still a puzzle though. P2010286.JPG P2010289.JPG P2010288.JPG

judy likes this.
  6. aaroncab

aaroncab in veritate victoria

I have to think these are meant to go open side up - and like Ruth said are most likely perfume bottles. Pretty!

clutteredcloset49 and Bakersgma like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted