Used/Vintage/Antique Henredon, Thomasville, Lane items

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by GaleriaGila, Nov 16, 2015.

1. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

A family member needs to liquidate a house full of furniture... all fine brands, I believe... like those above. Most of the pieces were bought in the 1970s; some as early as the 1940s, and at least a couple of Thomasville occasional tables from the 1920s. The stuff is in near-perfect condition, and really pretty... heavy, beautifully crafted. So when does used furniture become semi-antique? LOL
    I told her to contact a couple of auction-houses and antique dealers, and just see what they said as far as information or purchase offers. Is that the best idea? I know this is a big gawky question... if somebody could just give me a nudge in the right direction to start the footwork, I'd be grateful.

KingofThings likes this.
  2. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

I was just at a local auction this weekend. She has nicer things mixed in with nice household stuff. Most furniture is a slow sell. Right now MCM and Danish modern styles move and a little bit of other stuff but for the most part furniture sells for very low prices.

You might suggest attending an auction local to them and let them see what to expect.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2015
  3. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

Made a note. Thanks, SIS. :)

KingofThings likes this.
  4. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Of those three brands, only Henredon is worth a premium and sells well. Some of the Lane is stylish and sells reasonably well but it depends on the line. Most Thomasville, while of reasonably good quality, doesn't have the cachet or styling to create demand.

GaleriaGila likes this.
  5. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

Thanks, Brad. I knew you'd give us some good stuff. :)

6. Iowa Jayhawk

Iowa Jayhawk Well-Known Member

Echo the sentiments about Henredon. If you ever see Baker furniture as well. Might even put them above Henredon. We have managed to pick up a few items of each from estate sales in the area. Resale on them is very strong still.

Draft saved Draft deleted