USSR Plate Origins

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Daniel Perrea, Apr 15, 2018.

1. Daniel Perrea

Daniel Perrea New Member

2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

u might not see anything on the back.......but it might tell us something important.............:wideyed::wideyed::wideyed:

3. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

@Natasha probably knows. A picture of the back would certainly help.

4. Miscstuff

Miscstuff Sometimesgetsitright

I'm guessing it celebrates the birth of Lenin in 1870 so made in 1940 just before the Germans invaded in WWII. If so it could be a rare survivor. Best to wait for the experts.
    Cheers
    Stephen

judy likes this.
  5. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

The second word in the banner at the bottom is the Russian word for october. My guess is it was made to commemorate the October Revolution of 1917 (Red October). Which means this would date from 1987.

Bakersgma likes this.
  6. Natasha

Natasha Well-Known Member

Hello Daniel,
    I have the same plate. It is a propaganda plate dedicated to the 70th anniversary of the October Revolution. So, the plate was made in 1987 (Any Jewelry is correct) The plate was made at Baranovka porcelain factory. Mine has the original mark but it is very pale.
    The words on the front side are the titles of the Soviet Constitution articles, like ALL POWER TO THE SOVIETS! XXVII CONGRESS OF THE CPSU! etc.
    The average price of this plate among collectors is $180

7. Daniel Perrea

Daniel Perrea New Member

Oh thank you so much Natasha! Yeah turns out my father brought it back in the 90s not the 70s haha... that clears some things up :)

judy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted