Value of a couple of Hummels

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Dave D, Feb 18, 2020.

1. Dave D

Dave D Active Member

I've got a couple of Hummels but I can't find anything quite the same that has sold recently on Ebay. I read that Hummels have really tanked in value in the last few years.
    Anyway, what I have is a Bird Duet and a Puppy Love, Both TMK 2 small bee. Any idea of the value?
    Thanks for your replies.

2. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

I don't buy or collect figurines, so I have no first hand knowledge. Perhaps, a Hummel collector will answer your post with specific information, but since condition is an issue, pictures of your Hummels could be important including marks.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2020
    judy, clutteredcloset49 and Debora like this.
  3. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Also, if checking values on Ebay.com, be sure to check under the SOLD listings, which if you scroll down, you can check the SOLD box and that's what will show up.........saves a whole lotta searching!!!!

judy, Sandra and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  4. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Correct that values on Hummels have tanked. Only the rarest ones seem to sell well.

There are many of these you mention above available on Ebay. Your best bet would be to Ebay search "Bird Duet TMK 2 bee" and look under Ebay COMPLETED/SOLD. Compare yours in height, and condition wise. The tiniest chip kills most of the value. So make sure you are comparing apples to apples. (Ditto, if a sold one has a chip, and yours does not, look for a sold one without a chip to get a good estimate.)

I think this is your best short cut to get a value. As mentioned, be sure to check similar ones that actually SOLD (not asking prices).

For starters:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Go...=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

5. Dave D

Dave D Active Member

I have checked Ebay sold listings but none of them are TMK2 small bee version of Puppy Love or Bird Duet. The small bee would make a difference correct?

KikoBlueEyes likes this.
  6. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

All of those bees are from the 1950s, aren't they?

KikoBlueEyes likes this.
  7. Dave D

Dave D Active Member

Stateantiques.com says they used bees from 1940-1972
    Oops, I mean 1979

8. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

All of the charts show the bee in a V starting in 1950. The bee varies a little until the mark changes in about 1960. There are many, many online charts. My question is, does it really matter, value-wise, if it was made in 1956 or in 1959.

Bakersgma likes this.
  9. Dave D

Dave D Active Member

As for size, I think Bird Duet was only made in 4 1/4 in size {like mine} and my puppy love is 5 1/4 inch tall.

10. judy

judy Well-Known Member

11. Dave D

Dave D Active Member

Thanks Judy but I've already been to that site. That's how I determined they had the small bee.

Draft saved Draft deleted