Valuing 2 19th Century Etchings

Discussion in 'Art' started by James Kearny, Jul 28, 2019.

1. James Kearny

James Kearny New Member

I inherited these from my grandfather who bought them in Europe a hundred years ago. I know nothing about them except what I can read on the etchings themselves.
    Titles: Medecin du Corps and Médecin de L'Ame.. Doctor of the body and Doctor of the soul. My grandfather was a doctor and a devote Catholic, so these etchings were important to him.

they were engraved by Paul Girardet and published by Goupil and Co.

do any of you know anything more?

many thanks,

James IMG_3727.jpg IMG_3728.jpg

antidiem and yourturntoloveit like this.
  2. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

3. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Hi James, and WELCOME to ANTIQUERS!! Your post was probably seen, but between dinner times and just the fact that it's evening, when it does quiet down a bit, yours isn't the only post without any comments yet!! Be patient, and just check back now and then.....there are plenty of members, and plenty into art!!!! And as a friendly "FYI", this site does not usually value anyone's items, however, that being said, we WILL help you find where to look for information to do that, and help provide comparisons if available!! There are JUST TOO many variables to offer valuations.....this is a world-wide site....but even in the USA alone prices can vary SO WIDELY, especially from coast to coast!! So we do our best to stay away from doing that. Some may suggest an estimate on occasion, if they are well versed in a specific art field, but they all prefer not to!! We all try to be as helpful as we can on what you have to share with us!!!!

And if there is any more pertinent information on those nice looking images that could be helpful to others, please either share or take clear close-up images!!! Including dates and/or signatures if there are any on the back as well!!! Thanks so much!!

Draft saved Draft deleted