Featured Vase,Bought for £250, sold for £381,000

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by daveydempsey, Mar 14, 2018.

1. daveydempsey

daveydempsey Moderator Moderator

2. springfld.arsenal

springfld.arsenal Store: http://www.springfieldarsenal.net/

3. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

It's an interesting vase but I guess it's all in the name. The article is a bit confusing in how it refers to the seller's name but that's a minor point. Now I have to go look at signatures to be sure I'd never overlook one (I should be so lucky:rolleyes:)

Aquitaine and judy like this.
  4. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

Yes, I thought my little local newspaper was the only one to screw up picture captions this much. They have the seller down as the potter's widow.

Aquitaine likes this.
  5. persona-non-gratin

persona-non-gratin Well-Known Member

I'm pleased to say that I recognised it as Hans Coper at first glance. Now all I have to do is find one in real life !

tie.dye.cat and NewEngland like this.
  6. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

They DID mess up the caption under the image, but after reading the article through, the vase is waaay less ugly that I first thought!!!:smuggrin::smuggrin::smuggrin::smuggrin:

dgbjwc and NewEngland like this.
  7. Nathan Lindop

Nathan Lindop 1: “?” 2: “!”

Incredible. Love it when people come onto valuation shows thinking nobody could possibly like the item. Then they walk away with hundreds. :greedy:

In this case hundreds of thousands

Aquitaine and NewEngland like this.
  8. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

See, I would have totally bought that vase ! Not for 100s of 1000s,of course,but I like modern and I like pottery so Id have dropped a fiver on it in the thrift. :)

aaroncab and Aquitaine like this.
  9. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I still think it's ugly, but for that kind of payout it's an ugly I could live with for a while.:wideyed::wideyed::wideyed:

janettekay likes this.
  10. gauntlettgems

gauntlettgems Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted