Vase marked Germany ID Age ?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Suzy60us, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Suzy60us

Suzy60us Well-Known Member

This vase measures 6" High, Top Diameter 3.5", Width Handle to Handle 6" - Foil sticker Made in Germany - Raised Germany and Number under glaze I think. the signature is from another vase with the same form and glazing but in different color
    (I found on facebook) Can it be identified, and is it from before WWII ? Does the orange and yellow have any significance ?
    DSC06914.JPG DSC06913.JPG bottom NC german vase.jpg

2. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

I would say post WWII, fifties or later.

i need help likes this.
  3. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

I look at the "handles" and think of Fiddlehead Ferns!!!!:rolleyes::smuggrin::smuggrin:

i need help and Bakersgma like this.
  4. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Oddly enough this identical vase popped up on Facebook. I suggested trying Jasba.
    Don

i need help likes this.
  5. Suzy60us

Don did you see the vase on the North Carolina Group or did he post it at another Group ?
    Yes Aquitaine, they do look like Fiddlehead
    Ferns. We do not have them here in Southern Ohio. Thanks to you and google I learned something new.

i need help likes this.
  6. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

I saw the other vase in Vintage Pottery and Chinaware Identification. That vase did not have the label or the bottom pads but was otherwise identical.
    Don

7. Suzy60us

Don
    There was one on the NC Group to. I did look at Jasba have not found a match but I think they made it.
    BTW you are responsible for me joining Facebook. I had posted a Genuine Kentucky Vase here and you sent me to the Kentucky Pottery Group.
    Thank You, Sue

8. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

the orange spot hints towards uranium glazing.

9. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

I think Jasba, too. A lot of vases with the same orange splotch show up on a google search.

10. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Hi Sue, I not sure I want credit for anyone joining Facebook!;) But I belong to at least a dozen collector pages there. Facebook groups make a nice supplement for this page but these folks here are my favorites.:kiss:
    Don

Bakersgma likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted