Featured Vaseline glass champagne flutes

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Iowa Jayhawk, Jun 5, 2018.

1. Iowa Jayhawk

Iowa Jayhawk Well-Known Member

Got 14 of these for 25 cents each. Been looking through my books, but no sign of them yet. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. IMG_3110.JPG IMG_3111.JPG IMG_3112.JPG

2. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Champagne flutes or parfait glasses?

3. silverthwait

silverthwait Well-Known Member

WHERE??!!

Bronwen likes this.
  4. Iowa Jayhawk

Well, if you want to call them parfait glasses, I have no argument with that. I use the two interchangibly sometimes. As to where I got them, it was at an estate sale here in Iowa. There were a few that had bites in them, and I put them aside. I told the sale runner what I was doing, and I got the good ones for 25 cents each, and got an extra 5 of them plus 6 sherbets for the price of putting them in my box. I have known the estate sale organizer for quite a few years and he always treats me well. I'm guessing these may be Tiffin, but can't tell for sure. All I know is there are worth more than 2 bits apiece I am sure.

Bronwen, pearlsnblume and Figtree3 like this.
  5. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

They probably are parfaits, at the time these were made saucer champagnes were the shape being made. But I sell a lot of old water glasses as wine glasses and I would have no problem selling these as champagne flutes :)

6. Iowa Jayhawk

And I would have no problem drinking champagne out of them either. :happy:

Bronwen and pearlsnblume like this.
  7. Bdigger

Bdigger Well-Known Member

I would check out Tiffin glass as a possibility.

8. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

aaroncab likes this.
  9. Iowa Jayhawk

10. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

Utility Glass Works made several lines using this very narrow panel optic design. Here's one example (no name) from chataboutdg (not a very good photo; but look closely to make out the narrow panel optic motif):

http://www.chataboutdg.com/gallery/details.php?image_id=18306&mode=search

here's an old eBay listing of sherbets/champagnes:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-6-Bi-Color-Vaseline-Green-Glass-Low-Goblet-Sherbet-Utility-Panel-Optic-VTG-/400468074827?hash=item5d3dc1e14b&nma=true&si=u23TfWax3buR9H%2BNXRUUymZxmEk%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

also set of tumblers at WP:

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/l166-utility-glass-works-bi-color-51192023

Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
    UncleChuckTX, Figtree3 and aaroncab like this.
  11. patd8643

patd8643 Well-Known Member

BTW, if you sell them on ebay, don't use the global shipping program. They have decided uranium and vaseline glass is dangerous and will not forward it - and you don't get it back.
    Patd

12. Cronker

Cronker Active Member

What arrant nonsense!
    Even if you wore a 32 piece uranium glass dinner set around your neck for thirty years, you wouldn’t set of a gieger counter!

SBSVC and Figtree3 like this.
  13. Bookahtoo

Bookahtoo Moderator Moderator

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

14. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

Just one more reason to never use that stupid ass program ebay dreamed up!!! :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Soon they are going to tell us we can no longer use the word uranium in our titles & descriptions because we might be selling actual uranium to some nut job. :arghh::arghh::arghh:

judy likes this.
  15. Iowa Jayhawk

UGW looks possible alright. Thanks for the info. If they go on ebay its going to be USA only. Think they will probably go to my annual garage/tag sale in September though.

judy and Figtree3 like this.
  16. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Sounds like a good sale with interesting things!

judy likes this.
  17. Iowa Jayhawk

Lots of glassware, oil lamps and brown furniture. Old books too.

judy and Figtree3 like this.
  18. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

That goes without saying ;)

dgbjwc and judy like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted