Vaseline Glass Martini Pitcher

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Bdigger, Mar 1, 2015.

1. Bdigger

Bdigger Well-Known Member

Found this 10" vaseline Glass Martini Pitcher today. It has a polished Ground Pontil and is a panelled design. I'm thinking American, Any Insights> Thank You! 011 (367x600).jpg
    013 (600x470).jpg

2. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi Bdigger,
    Are you sure this is vaseline? I do not see any green tinge to it. It looks more like a pale amber. Especially with a gray background it should read more green.
    greg

3. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Agreed. I suspect Polish, not that old. Nothing wrong with it, for all that.

4. Bdigger

yep. it is more yellow than green and glows bright under a blacklight. My pics were taken quick in bad light. in the sun you can see a greenish tinge to it.

5. Bdigger

026 (423x600).jpg
    Here a a couple better pics and 1 with blacklight. 025 (368x600).jpg

spirit-of-shiloh likes this.
  6. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    Thanks for the update.
    greg

7. Bdigger

Thank you Both Greg and Owned. I appreciate you taking your time to look and give me information and feedback!

Draft saved Draft deleted