Very old Scenic porcelain

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Wolfen91, Jul 10, 2020.

1. Wolfen91

Wolfen91 New Member

Hello guys i have these two items that i just wanted to know a little more about. So i got the two items, the other one is this "turkish" green plate with a little piece missing and i also have a big blue tureen with a farmland view, it is in good condition. Do you guys know who made them and what sort of name do they have? I can also sell them if anybody is interested.

Attached Files:

2. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

It says Davenport above the anchor, doesn't it?

kyratango and Bakersgma like this.
  3. Wolfen91

Wolfen91 New Member

Does this item have a brand or is it part of some type of series? How old is it?

4. Steven S.

Steven S. Well-Known Member

Davenport is the manufacturer. "British Scenery" is the pattern. These scenic designs were quite popular in the mid 1800s and are from Staffordshire, England. They are applied transfer. The color of transfer on the domed butter/cheese dish would be called "mulberry" by some but really is more "lavender." That misnomer may help you find other pieces though. Can't tell you much about the plate without photos of the back, marks or imprints. A quick Google of "Davenport British Scenery" should provide plenty to look at.

5. wiscbirddog

wiscbirddog Well-Known Member

6. janetpjohn

All I can say is Google is your friend.

kyratango and popsycat like this.
  7. Wolfen91

Wolfen91 New Member

Thank you JanetPJohn, i will take a picture of the plate's mark.

8. Wolfen91

Wolfen91 New Member

Here are the marks from the plate, there is an obvious R on the plate, but other than that i don't know that much about it. Do you have any ideas, i have a little hint but i will let you guys first think about it.

Attached Files:

9. janetpjohn

Did you mean to start a new thread about a different plate? The original one was already identified by three people, which was ridiculous in the first place since you could read the marks yourself.

10. wiscbirddog

wiscbirddog Well-Known Member

I don't want to play guessing games. . .tell us what your hint is or nobody will offer any help.

11. Wolfen91

Wolfen91 New Member

No this is the green plate that lacked the markings photo, the mark could say Rörstrand but i could be wrong. I didn't mean to upset nobody, i just wanted to show these to you cause i didn't know a whole lot about them, that's all.

12. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Draft saved Draft deleted