Featured Very Rare Patsy Cline Four Star Records

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Vintage Maven, Aug 29, 2019.

1. Vintage Maven

Vintage Maven Well-Known Member

Some more treasured rare Patsy Cline items from my collection.

These are very rare 45 rpm Patsy Cline Promo EP’s pressed by Four Star Records (her first recording contract). These were pressed from early 1957 to 1958. These pressings I am told pre-date many of the releases on Decca, so they may be considered her true first pressings. That said, there is some confusion contract-wise during that time period even though Four Star held her publishing rights until around 1960 or 1961.

I have six different EP’s that were put out by Four Star during that time period. All these EP’s range from mint to near mint playing condition. It was really amazing how quickly I put this particular collection of rare hard to find records together, I believe I found and purchased them within a three month span, which is pretty much unheard of for these vintage recordings (although I did find three in the same place). Anyways, I feel pretty fortunate to have them, they all sound incredible when I play them, you get a true essence of Patsy in the studio from listening to them.

80B451D3-085D-46BC-8C5A-CCDFCF1E16E9.jpeg

Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
  2. rknarr2

rknarr2 Well-Known Member

My mom and dad went to a jazz dance party while my dad was in college and they became friends with the dj in the later 1950s in Troy, NY. Both my dad and dj have since past away. My brother bought dj albums and then my brother resold I think because they took up a lot of room and he did not like having to move them when he moved into a new house in a different city. However, I wanted to share the family friend dj living room walls of jazz records. Inside those French doors was his private studio. He was a dj at a jazz radio station and he constantly would get records sent to him and the ones you see in the pictures are duplicates. He would pass triples that he got to my dad and he also had a nice sized record collection. Rob
    DCP_2809small.JPG DCP_2810small.JPG DCP_2812small.JPG

3. Vintage Maven

That is a great story. And wow! I absolutely love those pictures, thank you very much for sharing them, I am speechless!

antidiem, Christmasjoy and rknarr2 like this.
  4. Vintage Maven

I was inspired to post another from my collection.

This is a 1961 EP for I Fall To Pieces, many people I know who collect records are amazed by the condition of this one.

It is also a hot one in the vintage vinyl collectors market.

I’m not really into what’s hot & what’s not, I bought it because I love Patsy. And how I got to buying it was, I had been in a vintage record shop, I was looking at records near the sales desk where people bring trade-ins to sell to the shops owner. I overheard this man say Patsy Cline, that peaked my interest. After the man trading in his records left, I asked the shop owner what Patsy Cline he brought in? He showed me this EP, and it was love at first sight ( the record that is lol). I bought the EP right on the spot.

BA3B25AB-CB43-4D4C-94A1-2AADD15EED9C.jpeg 0E48D9DE-7839-4A6A-96EA-6E39C9985620.jpeg 6881DD96-F92F-4490-8471-AF1047B1C7B2.jpeg C3777DB0-1171-4D90-BF9D-8257612768F8.jpeg

antidiem and BaseballGames like this.
  5. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

H O L Y -- P A T O O T I E !!!!!! WHAT an AMAZING collection!!!!!:jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful::singing::singing::singing::singing::singing::singing:

antidiem likes this.
  6. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

I know, I am gobsmacked by Maven's fabulous collection!

I like the vintage record boxes used as props too!

7. rknarr2

rknarr2 Well-Known Member

I assume you are talking about Maven's vintage record boxes used as props. Rob

Draft saved Draft deleted