Very small old brass perfume box

Discussion in 'Metalware' started by Hachiko, Sep 30, 2021.

1. Hachiko

Hachiko Active Member

Hi, I saw this and before purchasing it I thought ill try pick your brains:). It states "The crown perfumery co ltd London Paris & New Work" I wonder if you can give me some info. I searched but couldn't find anything like, apart from a lid mentioned on this site, although still not exactly like it. it https://www.saltsscentsandsociety.com/bottles/

NB asking 10 euro ..... :)

Perfume .JPG Perfume b.JPG

Last edited: Sep 30, 2021
  2. Hachiko

Hachiko Active Member

From the link I could see a similarity to the below "Complexion Powder"

That same year was the introduction of The Crown Toilet Dainties. In bold red and gold lacquer packaging, this very successful line consisted of vanishing cream, complexion powder, talcum powder, toothpaste, tooth powder, Corodenta (for cleansing dental plates), brillantine (solid and liquid), shaving powder and a shaving stick. The items were purchased separately or in metal box sets. Advertisements for Crown Toilet Dainties proclaimed that a more artistic, neater look to a woman’s dressing table was achieved with this harmonious set. Red .JPG

pearlsnblume and Any Jewelry like this.
  3. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

It is pretty dented, so I'd pass.

Hachiko and pearlsnblume like this.
  4. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

We all want that more artistic look, don't we.:artist:;)

Boland and sabre123 like this.
  5. Hachiko

Hachiko Active Member

We sure do :)

Boland and Any Jewelry like this.