Very strange long shirt USA made

Discussion in 'Textiles, Needle Arts, Clothing' started by billyd3us, Nov 6, 2017.

1. billyd3us

billyd3us Thanks All my Friends

Last week at thrift store there was a shirt like this one but with the number 24 on back, it's gone, today I seen this one and decided to get it because I have never seen one like this before. It is semi sheer fabric, with elbow pads, long sleeves and pictorial on front.
    Only has made in USA label , anyone know what this is ?

Thank You 234.JPG 235.JPG 236.JPG 237.JPG 239.JPG 241.JPG

judy and Joshua Brown like this.
  2. Northern Lights Lodge

Northern Lights Lodge Well-Known Member

Hi @billyd3us
    The sleeves are "quilted"? Can't say I've ever seen anything like it either. The print looks certainly tropical... almost New Guinea or Polynesian like. Yet the long sleeves with quilted elbows with knitted cuff and collar are cold weather features. I guess it is for the Alaskan longing for the tropics look!
    Leslie

3. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Never seen anything like it. Very distinctive thatched roofs. Looks like French Polynesia. Here's Bora Bora.

Debora

intercontinental-bora-bora-le-moana-resort-480x240.jpg

4. smallaxe

smallaxe Well-Known Member

Maybe related to the "Made in USA" Pacific territories loophole.

The Northern Mariana Islands has capitalized on its position as a free trade area with the U.S., while not being subject to U.S. labor laws. This allows garments to be labeled "Made in U.S.A." without having to comply with all U.S. labor laws.

An immigration system outside of federal control has resulted in a large number of Chinese migrant workers employed in the islands' garment trade.
    Source

Last edited: Jul 16, 2020
  5. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Billy....bless his heart...hasn't been here since march....& the thread is over 2 1/2 years old...........

just sayin..:wideyed:

reader and judy like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted