Featured Victorian spangle art glass vase pink

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Cary, Mar 3, 2019.

1. Cary

Cary Member

British maybe

Attached Files:

2. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Welcome to the Forum, Cary! :)
    Please Edit, More Options, check first box-Full size all images, Save Changes. Thanks. Glass folks will be along.

3. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

4. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

5. Christmasjoy

Christmasjoy Well-Known Member

LOVE IT !!! ... Joy. :)

scoutshouse, Ghopper1924 and judy like this.
  6. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

7. Ghopper1924

Ghopper1924 Well-Known Member

I've got a spangle glass bowl that's paired with an American silver basket from New York ca. 1886. I suppose the glass bowl could be an import to the U.S., but I've seen the same bowl produced in blue, yellow and green, all paired with U.S. baskets.

In short, your bowl could be U.S. or English, probably depending most on where you're located.

judy, Christmasjoy and scoutshouse like this.
  8. DragonflyWink

DragonflyWink Well-Known Member

A good deal of the 19th century art glass pieces with American silver or silverplate mounts and frames were imported, and often described in catalogs as 'Bohemian' or less often 'European' - seem to recall one of my references describing them arriving in mixed crates to be fitted by the silver manufacturers. There were certainly exceptions, the teaming of Pairpoint and Mt. Washington comes immediately to mind, as well as Meriden Britannia and Meriden Flint Glass...

~Cheryl

Draft saved Draft deleted