Villeroy & Boch black and white mug identification

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by madalinam, Nov 28, 2019.

1. madalinam

madalinam New Member

Hello! I found this black & white checkered mug from Villeroy & Boch and I cannot identify the collection which it cames from. The stein mark it's a "Septfontaines", without saying the collection. The black plaid is matte and the white one is glossy. I just love it and I wish to find out the collection's name. Any response will be appreciated.

Villeroy & Boch.jpg

2. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Every time I see a mug with this shape in my search results, it turns out not to be V&B. They seem generally to use a handle that is more ear shaped. Closest I have found so far:

https://www.ebay.com/p/1800304216

[​IMG]

Christmasjoy likes this.
  3. madalinam

madalinam New Member

Sorry, but it is a V&B for sure. Probably from the 70s. You'll find the blue stamp with the V&B mark in that era - you may see it on Acapulco series (the difference being that with this mug we do not have the series written, making hard for me to identify it) and the mugs from that collection also have this kind of handle.

Attached Files:

4. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Christmasjoy likes this.
  5. Bronwen

I don't really doubt it. Just seems strange that it is so hard to find when it is so easy to describe. :confused:

judy and Christmasjoy like this.
  6. madalinam

madalinam New Member

Hi Judy! It can't be on their actual collections, it's for sure a vintage mug. If I'll not find an answer here, I will write them for sure!

judy likes this.
  7. bobsyouruncle

bobsyouruncle Well-Known Member

but ...what I love ...is the cactus !!!

Bronwen, judy and Christmasjoy like this.
  8. shallow_ocean_spectre

shallow_ocean_spectre fine.books' bumping squirrel

9. madalinam

madalinam New Member

judy likes this.
  10. madalinam

madalinam New Member

Schlumbergera <3

11. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

I know it is Villeroy and Boch.

This is sold by Tiffany. Tiffany did not make dishes. Possibly special ordered from Villeroy and Boch. Certainly looks like their style. Have not been able to find a mug to match.
    upload_2019-11-28_13-8-56.png
    https://www.replacements.com/webquote/ticche.htm

Bronwen, judy, Aquitaine and 2 others like this.
  12. Bronwen

The handle of this mug does not look the same shape as the mug originally posted, unless it's a matter of angle of view.

shallow_ocean_spectre likes this.
  13. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

is everyone's cacti flowering now , but mine ????? grrrr..

Draft saved Draft deleted