Featured VINTAGE 20" Width, 14" Height GUERLAIN PARIS CANVAS 'TOTE BAG

Discussion in 'Textiles, Needle Arts, Clothing' started by Aquitaine, Dec 8, 2020.

1. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Was my Mom's that I don't think she ever used......if you look closer you can see the white "paint/finish" has some 'cracking' lines here and there, but the blue looks fine! It also has a center inside snap-in zipper 'bag' showing in the last image. What I'm wondering is, does it have ANY value......or should I just put it in a Savers collection bag I'm working on filling up?? A funny thing I noticed in the bottom is a teensy white tag inside in a corner that says...."Made Exclusively for Guerlain in Taiwan R.O.C".....which I thought was strange.....BWDIK!!! Will post pics & have to get off DH's computer......oops.....ALWAYS thank you for ANY & ALL HELP!!!!!:):):):)

GUERLAIN PARIS BAG 1.jpg

GUERLAIN PARIS BAG 2.jpg

GUERLAIN PARIS BAG 3.jpg

GUERLAIN PARIS BAG 4.jpg

2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

it's nice for summer...with a good name.....:happy:

pearlsnblume, Houseful and judy like this.
  3. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Did your mother wear GUERLAIN perfume? The bag would have been part of an in-store GWP (gift with purchase) or PWP (purchase with purchase) promotion. "Made in Taiwan" and navy nautical stripes means it likely dates to the 1980s.

Debora

4. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

NOT really sure as Mom couldn't and wouldn't wear perfume around me what with my lifelong migraines.....I DO know she loved Shalimar and AI......it killed her not to wear it with me around!!!!!:joyful::joyful::joyful: Also, surprised you're thinking '80s....that's when they moved to the cape.....entirely possible though!!

pearlsnblume and komokwa like this.
  5. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Taiwan and some Eastern European countries (e.g. Romania) became major importers to the U.S. in the 1970s and 1980s. After that, most production shifted in China. A navy, as a colorway, and those preppy nautical stripes were big in the 1980s.

Debora

images.jpg

6. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

7. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

My mom wore Shalimar too and yes it gave me migraines.
    I think it is worth trying to sell. Brand names sell....
    Might do better in the spring as Komo mentioned.

Some of the old LL Bean or Land's End totes, (I can not remember which) sell for a lot of money at times.

i need help likes this.
  8. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

You might want to make sure and disclose that it's a Parfums Givenchy product, not a product from the design house.

Debora

i need help and pearlsnblume like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted