Vintage / Antique *commercial* perfumes & paraphernalia

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by Rory, Sep 24, 2017.

1. Rory

Rory Active Member

Hello,
    Several members in my immediate family are collectors of vintage perfume, perfume bottles, powder boxes and perfume paraphernalia. The only distinction is that they are commercial or branded items (not flacons of the cut crystal variety and so on).
    Am interested in seeing/purchasing anything you might have.
    Feel free to message or post here. Thank you :)

20170924_134735.jpg

GreenEyedGal and Christmasjoy like this.
  2. buyingtime777

buyingtime777 Well-Known Member

Ghopper1924, Rory, judy and 1 other person like this.
  3. Rory

Rory Active Member

Thank you buyingtime777 - yes its a beauty, and I do love that shade of green :)

Ghopper1924 and judy like this.
  4. Bdigger

Bdigger Well-Known Member

I Just bought 24 NIB designer perfumes/ colognes at an auction last night. All are current vintage , but have DIOR MIDNIGHT POISON (Discontinued) and DIOR TENDRE POISON listed on eBay as of this morning. Have several more to post. They are the large (100 ml / 3.4 oz bottles) have several more to post. Is there anything specific your relatives are looking for?

Ghopper1924, judy and Rory like this.
  5. Rory

Rory Active Member

What is your ebay name? Ill get them to take a look. Theres nothing specific; but perhaps you wouldnt mind sending me a picture?

6. Bdigger

I do have this Lalique L'air du temps bottle left over from my Perfume bottle collection. Marked on the bottom LALIQUE BOTTLE MADE IN FRANCE! I used to collect commercial perfumes Too. don't know why I quit, but I'm sure I have some other bottles packed away around here. I'll let you know when I unearth them. IMG_0016.jpg IMG_0014.jpg

7. Bdigger

They are listed under Bdigger on eBay. When I take pictures later today I will post some here

8. Rory

Rory Active Member

Perfect, thank you bdigger, Ill keep an eye out for your photos then! We have a few of the lalique Ricci bottles too!

9. Bdigger

Here is a picture of the brands that I got at the auction . Most I have to bottles of.....except obsession. DSCN3830.JPG

10. Rory

Rory Active Member

Very nice bdigger! Great smellies there. Possibly a little modern for our collection.. but lovely nonetheless. Thank you for sharing

11. GreenEyedGal

GreenEyedGal Well-Known Member

Ghopper1924 and Rory like this.
  12. GreenEyedGal

Hi Rory,

I happen to have bottles , mini Nina Ricci prince matchabell ( ETC) Coty powder box , nina ricci powder box - It is hit & miss wether I can get photos ( file to large) to upoad - Anything in particular you are looking for?

13. GreenEyedGal

14. Mansons2005

Mansons2005 Nasty by Nature, Curmudgeon by Choice

While I do have other perfumer related stuff, I can not get to it a the moment (on a time crunch here), but I do have this "white elephant" which I am certain NO ONE is interested in............................

Large 15" Guerlain Factice Display Advertising Bottle

This glass bottle is 15/5" tall and weighs 10 lb as shown with the original "liquid" (I'm certain it is NOT perfume)!
    The gold-tone trim is applied to the glass, and the glass lid/top has both gold and silver-tone finishes.

The bottle and lid have no chips or cracks, though there is some paint wear on the sides of the lid and near the top of the bottle.

Obviously it can be emptied before shipping, but it is still going to be heavy and require a box more than a 12" cube, shipping from 60622.

MVC-438S.JPG

MVC-439S.JPG

MVC-442S.JPG

MVC-440S.JPG

15. Mansons2005

Mansons2005 Nasty by Nature, Curmudgeon by Choice

Here are some very quick, down and dirty photos of this sort of stuff - they are in cabinets in the powder room and the doors do not open flat so I had to take the photos with the glass doors shut. There are probably duplicate photos or areas as well - as I mentioned, I am short n time right now. If anyone wants more information, ask - I will be back sometime this evening.

Small photos intentional as there are so many.....................

Copy of MVC-420S.JPG MVC-412S.JPG Copy of MVC-417S.JPG MVC-409S.JPG MVC-411S.JPG Copy of MVC-409S.JPG MVC-420S.JPG MVC-419S.JPG MVC-418S.JPG MVC-417S.JPG MVC-417S.JPG MVC-418S.JPG MVC-419S.JPG MVC-420S.JPG Copy of MVC-409S.JPG MVC-411S.JPG MVC-409S.JPG Copy of MVC-417S.JPG MVC-412S.JPG Copy of MVC-420S.JPG

16. Rory

Rory Active Member

Hi GreeEyedGal,
    I happen to be a green eyed guy too!
    Yes those all sound lovely... id be interested to see them if youre thinking to let some go. As for specific things; nothing in particular! My wife and mum have amassed 3 vitrines full of antique/vintage perfumes, powders, etc and I guess theyll know it when they see it! They do love old Chanel, Guerlain, Hermes etc... but Matchabelli, Coty etc are all exceptional too!

Christmasjoy, Ghopper1924 and judy like this.
  17. Rory

Rory Active Member

The Coriolan bottle is beautiful, Mansons! From the mid 90s but that size is rare!

Id love to have a good rummage through those cabinet shelves too....!

Last edited: Sep 24, 2017
  18. GreenEyedGal

Hi Rory ,
    I am away from home at the moment but they are close at hand :) I will be home in a couple of days and give you a run down of what I have and yes, I am willing to let them All go .. they were a small part of my mother's many different Collectables :) I do have the regular sized chanel bottle with the lidded box - meaning it's not a cardboard box - it's old beautiful bottle to say the least :)

19. Rory

Rory Active Member

Wonderful... thank you ! Will be delighted to see when youre ready.

Ghopper1924, judy and GreenEyedGal like this.
  20. opoe

opoe Well-Known Member

I only have these, they were my grandma's...sometimes I just open up one of them to get a scent of grandma, she only wore this and every day. 2017-01-26 17.13.44.jpg

Draft saved Draft deleted