Featured Vintage Asian statues (Chinese?) help identifying these!

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by crain97, Aug 9, 2021.

1. crain97

crain97 New Member

Hi there folks, my first post here.
    Last month, my mother and I were at an estate sale in Yakima, WA, and found these Asian statues of a man and woman. They were original $25.00 but were marked down to $12.50 on Saturday for 50% off. They are ceramic, maybe porcelain, I am not sure. Can anyone identify the 'GH' mark on the bottom of each of the statues? There's also a name, but it's very faint and I can't identify it. And I would also like to know what decade they were produced and the value of these statues. Thanks! Please let me know if you are unable to see the pictures, and I will try to send them a different way.

P1090354.jpg P1090355.jpg P1090354.jpg P1090356.jpg P1090360.jpg P1090358.jpg P1090359.jpg P1090357.jpg

Attached Files:

johnnycb09, judy and LauraGarnet02 like this.
  2. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Welcome crain. 12.50 sounds like a real bargain.
    They are Western made representations of a Chinese couple. I get an Italian vibe, but this is not my area of expertise. Others will be along later.

i need help and judy like this.
  3. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

4. crain97

crain97 New Member

Thank you everyone for the information! I would be very happy if you had an estimated value on these since you said $12.50 was a bargain for those statues. These were bought on the Saturday of the sale when everything was marked 50% off. The folks who passed away were world travelers and I believe they did travel to Japan or other Asian countries in addition to all over the U.S.

5. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

Holland Molds were used by hobbyists in ceramic shops, which is why every one of these you find will be painted differently. I wouldn't expect them to have much value.

komokwa likes this.
  6. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

50% off....that's a good bargain....

Draft saved Draft deleted