Featured Vintage Brooch Age?

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Alesia42, Jul 29, 2021.

1. Alesia42

Alesia42 Active Member

This is a Thrift purchase....I'm thinking its a vintage brooch, but I'm not sure.....its approx. 1-3/4 in length x 1-1/4 wdth......I think it may be silver covered by rhodium?....mainly because the back of the brooch had that tanish-dull color when silver starts to tarnish....so I cleaned it up with boiling hot water, baking soda, vinegar, dawn mixture with a tooth brush to scrub , it cleaned right up.......but it has no visible marks for silver....(it looks great against dark fabric).....but getting back if anyone if it is vintage...please share your thoughts..... rsz_july_iris_bloom_great_vintage_brooch_018.jpg rsz_july_iris_bloom_great_vintage_brooch_015.jpg rsz_july_iris_bloom_great_vintage_brooch_016 (1).jpg

elarnia, Figtree3, judy and 1 other person like this.
  2. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

You did a great job, Alesia. It looks 1950s costume to me.

Figtree3, Houseful and judy like this.
  3. Houseful

Houseful Well-Known Member

4. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Agree it looks 50s. Unless the photo of the back has been flipped, the pin was mounted backwards, running from left to right.

5. Alesia42

Alesia42 Active Member

That's great!.....I'll settle for vintage 1950's!....and it looks great on...it's the best looking brooch that I've found thus far....it's definitely a keeper!.....about the pic.....the mount goes from left to right.....or right to left....depending on whether the point is facing up or down......if that makes a difference??....but I think it was made to be worn with the point facing down....the brooch leans outward when the point is facing up....for $11...its not bad at all

Last edited: Jul 30, 2021
    Any Jewelry and Bronwen like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted