Vintage card table, tray and chair....

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by DivasFinds, Dec 23, 2018.

1. DivasFinds

DivasFinds Well-Known Member

See pics....curious about age and brand. Table MCM? I saw one listed on ebay for $229....not selling though.

Cannot figure out the tray for the life of me....?

Little fold up chair is interesting....

Input please!! 20181223_130851-480x640.jpg 20181223_130855-480x640.jpg 20181223_130157_001-640x480.jpg 20181223_130357-480x640.jpg 20181223_130042-640x480.jpg 20181223_150521-480x640.jpg 20181223_150608-480x640.jpg

Christmasjoy likes this.
  2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

The "card table" looks like it has a chess/checkers board on top too, so really a "game table?" I'd call that folding "chair" a folding "stool." Sort like a camp stool - spare seating for the deck?

Is there storage under the opening in that "tray?"

3. DivasFinds

No storage, the cutout props up, so not sure if there is a missing piece underneath, like a little shelf of sorts or ??

Christmasjoy likes this.
  4. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Does it also fold up with those scissor legs?

Christmasjoy likes this.
  5. DivasFinds

Yes, the tray folds down flat

Christmasjoy likes this.
  6. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

The first one kind of looks like home workshop game table top attached to Sampsonite table legs. Not sure what I am looking at underneath the top though..

Christmasjoy likes this.
  7. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

That one that folds up - could it be the top of a sewing table married to something else? It's not sturdy enough to hold a sewing machine, at least one from the era, and there's nowhere underneath to fasten one anyway. Could it be homebrew? That's something a Depression/WWII kid would do if they found two busted pieces of furniture and needed a table.

Christmasjoy, antidiem and DivasFinds like this.
  8. DivasFinds

I think you're onto something evely....if you look closely ( and I can get a better pic) under the cutout that comes off the top there are 2 rails that you could set something on (sewing machine?) The previous owner of the unit I bought all this stuff out had tons and tons of sewing/crocheting/etc. I also have an old foot pump singer machine I haven't listed yet....so wondering if this tray is some kind of portable sewing table....?? Sounds possible! Thanks for jogging my brain a bit!

Christmasjoy and antidiem like this.
  9. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

That kind of a top was common on sewing machine tables. You'd have a flat surface to cut or pin, if a smallish one, and then flip open to use the machine. Those rails held some sort of tool, for certain, probably something that plugged into a wall.

Christmasjoy, antidiem and DivasFinds like this.
  10. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

I'm thinking sewing machine table, too. Smaller electric one.

Christmasjoy, DivasFinds and antidiem like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted