Vintage Ceramic 3 Footed South American Bowl?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by KevinM, May 16, 2016.

1. KevinM

KevinM Active Member

This is a ceramic 3 footed bowl I recently purchased. It has a green glaze inside of the bowl and has a face on each of the 3 feet of the bowl. It measures about 5 1/4" in height and about 6" in width at it's widest point. I don't see any maker marks or ID on it anywhere.

I think it looks like it could have been made in South America somewhere, perhaps, but I'm not sure. I've looked around and have not been able to locate another one like it.

Does anyone know where this bowl was made, who made it, when it was made or anything else about it?

Thanks!
    Kevin
    HPIM3481.JPG HPIM3482.JPG HPIM3483.JPG HPIM3484.JPG HPIM3486.JPG HPIM3489.JPG

2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

well the legs are in the design world of a , teotihuacan/Toltec head of the aged Fire God, possibly Puebla/Oaxaca... but it's weak....and new....

[​IMG]

3. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Mexican tourist pot for sure.

komokwa likes this.
  4. KevinM

KevinM Active Member

Thanks komokwa and verybrad. Looks to be correct for region and fire god. Was already thinking tourist trade (most of these types of items are) although it was thoughtfully lined with green coating for use, I know it's not that old. Haven't seen too many tripod bowls out there, thought it was a cool bowl.

komokwa likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted