Featured Vintage Ceramic Lamp

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Happy!, Nov 22, 2016.

1. Happy!

Happy! Well-Known Member

Had posted this to the Finds Thread. Anyone have any ideas on maker, or era?

The inside has a night light. The inside forest is painted and there is a woodpecker on the main tree trunk inside. Thanks.
    P1110479.JPG P1110480.JPG P1110484.JPG P1110486.JPG P1110487.JPG

2. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

That is one cool lamp.
    I'm guessing studio pottery from the 1970s -80s. Only guessing.

KingofThings likes this.
  3. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

That white glazed clay is often Italian or Portuguese.

KingofThings likes this.
  4. Mansons2005

Mansons2005 Nasty by Nature, Curmudgeon by Choice

I saw a lot of this sort of thing back in the early 1970s in Florida - particularly at a decorator's firm called Robb & Stucky (spelling?). I believe that most of it was Italian imports.

5. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

That cut out deal looks very much like a vase I have that I bought here in fla,but it was recently made. What an awesome lamp,I dont think Ive ever seen one like it.

6. Happy!

Happy! Well-Known Member

Thanks all, it is so neato, just found a squirrel inside on the tree also.

Johnny and Mansons may be right as it was from an auction in Florida, thanks!

[Mansons, please PM me with another clue, you mystery-man, you!]

Draft saved Draft deleted