Vintage clothing

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Sally Bartlett, Feb 6, 2012.

1. Sally Bartlett

Sally Bartlett New Member

I love all old things, have an antique Dry sink and some antique end tables that I use in my normal decor, but my love of collecting really is more in vintage clothing line. It would be nice at add an Antique category for textiles and Clothing.

2. artistry

artistry New Member

I think vintage clothing has such a classic look to them, they are not the same cookie cutter styles, that are prominent today. Just like antique automobiles, which have a certain flair, that endures. Good idea to have a section for textiles and clothing. There should be an interest.

3. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

And don't forget the jewelry that goes with the clothes.

4. Tauriel

Tauriel Active Member

YES YES & YES!!! Textiles, Clothes, Accessories!!!I just came into a hoard of 30s-50s clothes :) :) lingerie, gowns, stockings, shoes..Lovely things !!

5. yourturntoloveit

yourturntoloveit Well-Known Member

Tauriel, did you find any "bed jackets" in the "hoard" of 30s-50s clothes?

I have a small collection of bed jackets. They are getting more and more difficult to find at estate sales nowadays. The various laces used on the old bed jackets are unlike anything that could be purchased now except for a (very?) high price. The bed jackets are very 30s-40s "old Hollywood" in the best sense of that phrase. Bed jackets are usually in very good condition because they weren't worn too much and remained "special" stored away in a lingerie drawer/chest.

6. Tauriel

Tauriel Active Member

:) I do...I think there are 3 of them peach & cream colored silks w/ lace. And yes they ARE beautiful things! There is also a gorgeous silk crepe w/lace bias cut nightgown that has got to be 30's as well. I'm hoping to start listing the clothes soon.... lol
    I'm also going to take advantage of the ability to insert a link in our signature area to my auctions on ebay when I get them up and running again. Which I 'm hoping will be later this month.

Draft saved Draft deleted