Featured Vintage Cochran Bird Call Signed :John F. Cochran Information Please

Discussion in 'Tools' started by antiquelover69, Mar 13, 2021.

1. antiquelover69

antiquelover69 Well-Known Member

I bought out a storage with over 10-12 duck calls.I have 4 that I have no idea about the maker.I found a little information.I was attemrting to sell them,but know very little.I have two that's signed,"John F. Cochran".I know there's a Chochran family but is John F Cochran famous.I need some information about John signed bird calls.Is there a site I can maybe get a starting price.I have a price but might be too low or too high.If I know something about him or some of his signed duck calls,it will really help me out. SAM_0397.JPG SAM_0350.JPG SAM_0344.JPG SAM_0342.JPG SAM_0355.JPG

judy, Rayo56 and TraceyB like this.
  2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

@Rayo56 .............our Duck whisperer !! ;):):)

3. Rayo56

Rayo56 Well-Known Member

I don't know too much. John F was the son of the famed call maker John E Cochran and he started making the calls around 1940. He used a metal reed in his calls instead of wood, died around 1994. To me his calls all look the same shape and His calls are a bit hard to find nowadays and that's about all I can remember.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2021
    Figtree3, judy, komokwa and 3 others like this.
  4. antiquelover69

Thank you.Yes there is a metal reed.All looked like they were never used.Maybe I can find some books on him or something.

judy and TraceyB like this.
  5. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

antiquelover69 and Figtree3 like this.
  6. antiquelover69

komokwa likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted