Vintage Danish Modern Silver-Plated Collar/Choker – A+De DESIGN; Made in Denmark

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Ken Hartley, Nov 16, 2015.

1. Ken Hartley

Ken Hartley New Member

Vintage Danish Modern Silver-Plated Collar/Choker – A+De DESIGN; Made in Denmark – 1960’s/1970’s. This silver-plated collar/choker has a rectangular front panel/plaque with a 3 dimensional design on top of it. I have no idea what the design on the front is supposed to depict/show. I’ve found no information about the maker doing searches on the internet.

Size: approximately 5 1/2” – side to side at widest point and approximately 4 1/2” from front to back. It would measures approximately 13” from one end to the other if opened flat. The plaque/panel on the front is 1 1/2” wide by 1 1/8” tall.

Marks: A + De Design, Made in Denmark

Condition: Very good vintage condition, some minor wear to plating around the arms of the collar, but not terribly noticeable because it has an overall shiny silver appearance. Wear spots show up more pronounced in the close-up photos than in just looking at the piece with the naked eye.

Would be interested finding out about the maker - A+De Design and what value the piece might have?? THANKS

Attached Files:

Batman_2000 and KingofThings like this.
  2. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

Welcome!

3. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I'd be inclined to call it brutalist rather than modernist. I don't think it depicts anything in particular.

4. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Brutal would describe wearing it too, given how I would imagine it sits around the neck. :eek:

yourturntoloveit likes this.
  5. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

uncomfortably....

6. DragonflyWink

DragonflyWink Well-Known Member

Jens Andersen & Erik Dennung, Copenhagen 1971-79 - nice piece, even with the wear...

~Cheryl

Bakersgma and komokwa like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted