Vintage desk

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Dragontraine, Apr 27, 2019.

1. Dragontraine

Dragontraine Active Member

Desk

Attached Files:

2. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Baumritter is good quality furniture but nothing remarkable about this desk and condition is an issue. Would look great refinished but, hate to say, more saleable painted.

3. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

For those interested, here's a bit of additional info:

The company most Americans today know as Ethan Allen was founded in 1932 in NYC as Baumritter Corp.

The owners of Baumritter started as makers/sellers of home goods and décor items. They did not even manufacture and sell furniture until 1939, after buying a furniture manufacturing plant in Vermont.

Baumritter named its Early American line of furniture “Ethan Allen” after the Revolutionary War hero from Vermont.

The company’s name was changed from Baumritter Corp. to Ethan Allen Industries in 1972.

Just for the record:
    Through her career in interior design, my mother became good friends with one of the co-owners of Baumritter (Nathan Ancell, who was married to Theodore Baumritter 's sister. )
    I grew up with much talk of Baumritter/Ethan Allen – and toured that Bellows Falls, VT factory several times.
    It was actually Nathan Ancell who convinced Mom to take a position at the Ethan Allen headquarters when it opened in CT in 1972.

4. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

& that's why we cook so well here....everyone's got a story !! Cool !!!

i need help, SBSVC and judy like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted