Vintage Fenton Blue Opalescent Glass Candy Dish Bowl Grape Diamond Pattern

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by rknarr2, Jul 25, 2022.

1. rknarr2

rknarr2 Well-Known Member

I have been researching a fenton bowl. Dimensions of my bowl are about 6" top dia. x 2 3/8" tall. It has the embossed fenton logo on the bottom outside center. At first I thought that the below listing was it but after careful examination I noticed the light blue on the scalloped edges of my bowl ran down onto the inside diamonds as well as on the grapes, vines and leaves on the inside bottom of my bowl, too. The ones that I have found are not that way as follows:
    Vintage Fenton Blue Opalescent Glass Candy Dish Bowl Grape Diamond Pattern | eBay

Am I just splitting hairs and is this the same pattern bowls as mine or not? Thank you for assistance in this request. Rob
    IMG_0393small.JPG IMG_0392small.JPG IMG_0391small.JPG

judy and moreotherstuff like this.
  2. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

Others know more, but I suspect you are splitting hairs. I doubt the control of the opalescence was that precise.

Jaena, judy and *crs* like this.
  3. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

I agree with moreotherstuff. I can't recall Fenton ever changing the opalescence slightly and then presenting it as a different pattern.

Jaena likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted