Featured Vintage gold diamond bracelet, a lot of marks

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Alis, Jan 31, 2019.

1. Alis

Alis Member

I was looking in to my old pics, and i found this amazing bracelet, hopefully i can get some help to identify the maker mark, i think its made in france because of the eagle mark if am not mistaken, please i need some a sharp eye if possible to know the date , and maker mark .
    20190201_043202.jpg 20190201_042039.jpg 20190201_043423.jpg 20190201_044648.jpg

Last edited: Feb 1, 2019
  2. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

French is my guess too. They're a blurry mess, but then those bitty French marks often are.

3. patd8643

patd8643 Well-Known Member

Have you tested the diamonds?
    Patd

4. Alis

Alis Member

Its really hard to get sharp image with tiny marks , but hopefully its clear enough to identify maker mark

Christmasjoy and scoutshouse like this.
  5. Alis

Alis Member

Actually my friend did test them , i got the bracelet from well known jewellery store , is there anything i should be worry about

6. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Choosing Full Size instead of thumbnail, will help everyone to see better. :)

7. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

You've got me, but I think the marks are upside-down. It's nice and gaudy whoever did it.

8. scoutshouse

scoutshouse Well-Known Member

Hi @Alis

Nothing on the receipt? Or can you go back to the store and learn a little more about it?

Pictures of the clasp abdominal rhea back surface might help us figure out age/maker

It's interesting and seems like it would have been $$$

9. Alis

Alis Member

Can you please let me know what are the latters inside the lozenge، What i think its
    ( C left side)
    (J down side)
    ( H right side)
    Top side i guess its (Ste)
    I can't identify the symbol in the middle
    20190201_094214.jpg 20190201_043202.jpg
    Please correct me if i am wrong .

kyratango likes this.
  10. Alis

Alis Member

Hi scoutshouse

Its local store i didn't think they know much they only told me its an italian made , so when i checked the bracelet i knew they don't no anything about vintage brand or makers, their knowledge only in gold and diamond . lucky me :happy:

kyratango and Any Jewelry like this.
  11. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Stunning bracelet, Alis.

The pictures have this strange look, I keep seeing jewellery marks on porcelain. I know it can't be, but it is confusing. I agree, the lozenge mark looks like a French maker's mark.
    And there are several rhinoceros marks, French post 1941 marks for gold. These blobs, the rhino is facing left, the horn is more of a square:
    20190201_043202.jpg

So it is French.
    At the centre of the maker's mark is what looks like a sun. SLC or SLE above the sun mark, C to the left, H to the right, U or J below the sun.
    Maybe someone can work her magic on the pics, @Aquitaine , @Bronwen , @i need help ?

kyratango and i need help like this.
  12. Alis

Alis Member

20190201_172149.jpg

Bracelet Clasp pic

Similar clasp found in some of van cleef bracelet i guess

13. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

I have tried, I can’t do much of anything. Maybe someone else will have more luck. It’s as if it’s too bright.

scoutshouse and Any Jewelry like this.
  14. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

That’s going to be a toughie to even TRY!!!!!

15. Any Jewelry

Maybe that is why it looks like porcelain to me.
    Thanks, guys.:) (gals!:banghead: )

16. Hollyblue

Hollyblue Well-Known Member

@Alis

Try taking a photo outside without direct sunlight on the piece.

17. scoutshouse

@Alis

When photographing, use both hands (!)

Lay the piece down on a flat surface so we can see both ends of the clasp and brace your arm(s) on something, or set up a "bipod" using 2 matching stabilizers like glasses or books.

If you use adequate resolution, we can zoom in for detail :) on marks

Can't stress too much how we depend on good, clear images.

Boardies: what is up with so many duplicate marks on such a fine piece of jewelry?

18. Any Jewelry

The French love marking, and we love them for it.:playful: I believe it has to do with the weight of a piece, heavier=more marks with the same punch, if I am correct. @kyratango knows.:)

19. scoutshouse

Oh, I thought you said French love making ;)

___ x grams per mark??

kyratango and i need help like this.
  20. Alis

Alis Member

@scoutshouse @i need help @Any Jewelry @Aquitaine @Hollyblue
    I really appreciate your time and knowledge, when i get back home i will try to take some good and sharp shot.
    Also i forget to mention one thing , maybe it will help to identify this fine piece , there is matching bracelet watch made by famous watch maker ( Gerald Genta ) , i didn't share this earlier with you because i thought it may confuse you a little bit. I did some research about the watch maker he used to designed watches for van cleef and chaumet , but i can't be sure if the marks belong to any of the jewelry houses, i tried to contact Gerald genta to get more details about the watch bracelet but unfortunately they closed long time ago , hope this can help

Thanks again
    rsz_20190122_044942.jpg

rsz_20190202_073706.jpg

Draft saved Draft deleted