Vintage Karges Furniture Bedroom Set

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Amanda5927, Aug 23, 2019.

1. Amanda5927

Amanda5927 New Member

Hi everyone! This is my first post, I received this bedroom set from my grandparents and I can not find any info online on the age of it. All the furniture I find online has an oval shaped metal plate instead of circular like the one in my dresser. I did find one or two other pieces that had the same name plate but could not figure out the age on those either. Can any of you help me? I also have a large mirror that goes above the dresser that is not pictured as it is not in my possession right now.[​IMG]
    Set includes a night stand, twin bed, dresser with mirror, and vanity

2. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

@verybrad please take a look at her furniture

Any Jewelry likes this.
  3. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

4. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Welcome Amanda.

i need help likes this.
  5. Amanda5927

Amanda5927 New Member

i need help likes this.
  6. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

You’re Welcome. Furniture folks will be along. Photos must be 1 mb or less, but it’s wise to resize if you can. (Many people won’t click links) :)

7. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Circa 1930. Somewhat based on Adam style (Late 18th century). Karges is pretty good quality furniture.

Any Jewelry, antidiem and i need help like this.
  8. Amanda5927

Amanda5927 New Member

Thank you! Could you give me advice on if it would be worth getting the chipped paint retouched? I have no clue what it’s worth or if touching it up would decrease the value, not affect it, etc.

antidiem and i need help like this.
  9. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

If you touch it up, chances are it is going to look touched up. Any new paint will stand out unless someone is very very good. Probably best to leave it as is, though you could probably stain any bare wood showing to make it less noticeable. Not terribly valuable any way you look at it so doing what pleases you most is fine.

Any Jewelry likes this.
  10. wiscbirddog

wiscbirddog Well-Known Member

Curious about the bench with the dressing table. Seems odd to me that you would have to pull the bench out & turn it 90 degrees to use. Shouldn't a proper bench/stool tuck-away in the knee hole better?

11. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

I think it was just put there to be out of the way for storage? A bench would usually be in front of the dressing table.

wiscbirddog likes this.
  12. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    On my grandparents bedroom suite I also keep the bench inside the piece sideways to give more room.
    greg

wiscbirddog likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted