Featured Vintage lingerie

Discussion in 'Textiles, Needle Arts, Clothing' started by Tricia Harr, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Tricia Harr

Tricia Harr Well-Known Member

2019-04-04-03-00-26.jpg 2019-04-04-03-00-58.jpg 2019-04-04-03-02-51.jpg Hi again, I've been googling for hours and have come up empty.. any help greatly appreciated.. I don't think these have been worn much,

Nan flower originals this one has pinned Oppenheim Collins tag pinned to it.
    I have 2 other ones need help with I'll post in the am.
    TIA

Born2it, pearlsnblume, judy and 2 others like this.
  2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Just when I though Antiquers dot com was turning into a forum for post 1990 stuff that folks have laying around the house...............

Good night Irene !

techbiker, kyratango, Bronwen and 4 others like this.
  3. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

Christmasjoy and Bronwen like this.
  4. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

5. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

And, of course, we're always happy to help.

Debora

6. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

My stepmother was a nurse & had half a drawer full of white slips. After she died I took the cotton ones & they're perfect nightgowns for the hottest summer nights. (There was also a drawer full of white pantyhose.) Posted slip is beautiful. If it weren't nylon, I'd be PMing Tricia.

Christmasjoy and Tricia Harr like this.
  7. patd8643

patd8643 Well-Known Member

I hate to admit it but Mom and I both had slips and wore them in the 1950-60s. Your first one is quite fancy and was probably expensive for it's time.
    Patd

Born2it, Christmasjoy and Bronwen like this.
  8. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

This Wikipedia article says that the Oppenheim Collins name stopped being used in 1961 or 1962 when the stores were renamed Franklin Simon & Co.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oppenheim_Collins

So this may help in narrowing the date for the slip, in combination with other info given above.

Christmasjoy and Bronwen like this.
  9. AmyoVs

AmyoVs New Member

Wow is that a dress or a nightgown? And how did you manage to preserve this piece of history, usually clothes rot over time?

10. Figtree3

@RaymonLambert , you are new here and it is very good that you recognized that this is an old discussion. You may not realize that the original poster has not logged into this site since 2019, three years ago. It doesn't seem likely the person will see your post. The person was very active here for over a year, then left and never came back.

11. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

Thinly veiled advertising by the newbie, IMHO.

12. Figtree3

Oh, thanks. I didn't notice that link.

komokwa, techbiker and bluumz like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted