Vintage Milk Glass Lamp Manufacturer??

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Grateful, Feb 11, 2020.

1. Grateful

Grateful Well-Known Member

I sometimes see this lamp on an internet search with little to no information included. Even parts on Goodwill sites. Just a few questions: without any markings, does anyone know the manufacturer or possible manufacturers? I believe this is the original shade, but I am not certain of that.

I had this and the slag glass panel lamp I posted some time ago rewired, so that I could enjoy them safely. In a similar manner to the woman who restored the china head doll, the re-wire dude commented "nice lamps you've got here." Of course, this was all 20 years ago when vintage/antique items were more sought after/popular by the population at large. Thank you!

milk glass2.JPG milk glass4.JPG milk glass5.JPG

Aquitaine likes this.
  2. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

3. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

4. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

I think their price is a bit optimistic ;)

anundverkaufen and Grateful like this.
  5. Iowa Jayhawk

Iowa Jayhawk Well-Known Member

It is in fact an Aladdin. I picked one of these up at an antiques store in Smith Center, KS last year. Picked up 6 other Aladdin's as well. I agree that the asking price on that one is a little on the optimistic side. I got mine for $20, and was happy to sell it for $65.

6. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

I have a pair that I've offered for $40 with no takers.

7. Iowa Jayhawk

Depends on the model. I was actually surprised I got what I got.

8. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

For me it was this model but without the finials (Alladdin Alacite D186). Tri-light switch that allowed illumination of the body.
    Aladdin Alacite Lamp G186 -d.jpg

Aladdin Alacite Lamp G186 -e.jpg

9. Greg D

Greg D New Member

Too Cool! Like the Dual Light lamps!

anundverkaufen likes this.
  10. Iowa Jayhawk

Here are 5 of the 6 I got in NW Kansas. The taller skinny ones also have the internal lights. IMG_5267.jpg IMG_5270.jpg IMG_5267.jpg IMG_5270.jpg IMG_5271.jpg

Draft saved Draft deleted