Vintage necklace

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Daisy65, Apr 14, 2021.

1. Daisy65

Daisy65 New Member

0F8C1A96-01F9-4BA2-A7AA-24CF4CDF14DC (1).jpeg DC207BEC-52CF-447E-9539-8BCA9DD05ACF (1).jpeg 0F8C1A96-01F9-4BA2-A7AA-24CF4CDF14DC (1).jpeg DC207BEC-52CF-447E-9539-8BCA9DD05ACF (1).jpeg 0F8C1A96-01F9-4BA2-A7AA-24CF4CDF14DC (1).jpeg DC207BEC-52CF-447E-9539-8BCA9DD05ACF (1).jpeg Hi all. I purchased this necklace online not knowing much about it. It just caught my eye and I liked the setting Would anyone know? has a Victorian vibe and possibly from Czechoslovakia.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2021
    KSW likes this.
  2. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

Hello @Daisy65 , please can you click edit , more actions and then full image rather than thumbnails?. Then we get to see full size pics!
    Thankyou :)
    Edit- can we see the clasp too?

Any Jewelry, kyratango and Houseful like this.
  3. Houseful

Houseful Well-Known Member

Yes, clasp is important to date a piece.

kyratango and KSW like this.
  4. Daisy65

Daisy65 New Member

Hi. Whoops edited now. Thank you. It hasn't arrived yet so haven't got picture of clasp. Took a punt, it was on an online thrift store. I realize might be a bit hard without. Can post picture when it arrives. Thank you for help

kyratango and KSW like this.
  5. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

Much better size photos, Thankyou.

kyratango and pearlsnblume like this.
  6. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Gut feel is post war German Victorian Revival with that back. But clasp and length will speak, might make it earlier.

kyratango likes this.
  7. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

My first thought is that this might be a newer piece, but definitely add photos of clasp when you have the necklace in hand.

Edit: Was typing as OBB was. I see we have a different take! More photos needed. :)

Any Jewelry and kyratango like this.
  8. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

The back is unusual.

9. Daisy65

Daisy65 New Member

Hi thank you all. The back is what makes me feel it is an older piece, but the front does remind me of Victorian revival jewellery. I'll be sure to post more photos when it arrives next week. Lovely to join the group.

Draft saved Draft deleted