Vintage Odd Looking Teapot,Signed

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by antiquelover69, Jan 11, 2020.

1. antiquelover69

antiquelover69 Well-Known Member

This pottery came out of a storage of a collector of different items.Odd looking teapot,has some type of signature under the bottom.I can't make name out.Most of the odd looking items were in this storage.Any information. SAM_1799.JPG SAM_1800.JPG SAM_1801.JPG SAM_1802.JPG SAM_1803.JPG SAM_1807.JPG

2. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Seeing some similar called brutalist teapot sculpture. Some are from Chuck Hindes Studio, but not sure about signature.

antiquelover69 likes this.
  3. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

That's odd alright!

I hate to say it, but this looks like a child's school project. I would hate to think that this was done by someone working as a professional potter.

SBSVC, blooey and komokwa like this.
  4. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

5. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Enough to put you off your daily brew, isn't it?

Debora

blooey and Bakersgma like this.
  6. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Its so bad it has to be intentional . But Im guessing kids project too .

7. antiquelover69

8. antiquelover69

I'm going to look both up.Thanks!

9. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

Do the world a good turn, smash it now so no-one else has to look at it.

10. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

I looked at the markings on the first pot in the first link and the "H" look the same. It could be one of his.

Any Jewelry and antiquelover69 like this.
  11. antiquelover69

I also thought it look like "H".I found a teapot with the same lines on front,almost identical to my pot.Thanks!

Any Jewelry likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted