Featured Vintage pendant? Money clip?

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Ashley Felton, Jul 5, 2020.

1. Ashley Felton

Ashley Felton Well-Known Member

40F1991D-52D6-44AC-BEA5-6B6C5BE791FC.jpeg AB120AE5-DB0D-41E0-A0A8-5FFDCB1B83D4.jpeg 4DCF3136-A8FC-41A3-8A78-53D4CCDEA362.jpeg Can someone tell me what this is? A woman told me it’s a pendant for a wide cord...doesn’t make sense to me...too short to be a money clip...any help is great! Value? Era? Anything lol

Frank, judy, KSW and 2 others like this.
  2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

looks like it's for a think fabric napkin......but wdik?

3. janettekay

janettekay Well-Known Member

Pretty !!! My first thought..napkin also...

judy, Bronwen, komokwa and 1 other person like this.
  4. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

It's brand new or close to it. I've seen pendants made this way before, so that's probably exactly what it is. It would also work a treat put through a button hole, especially a chest pocket one on a jean jacket. It's meant to slot over a wide cord but that open end would worry me.

5. Sandra

Sandra Well-Known Member

It may be an artisan piece to replicate an antique belt chatelaine. The intention may have been to hang some bits and bobs from the lower spaces. The clip on the back seems to be a small spoon, with the bowl flattened and the handle bent to shape. If you could angle in to the bend in the handle with a loupe, you may find a makers name.

judy, Bronwen and bercrystal like this.
  6. Ashley Felton

That’s why I was questioning her when she said it was a pendant. Button hole sounds like a neat idea though! I was thinking a money clip but it would need to be longer. It’s a neat piece tho.

ty everyone again

judy and Bronwen like this.
  7. Ashley Felton

I’ll check! Thanks for the tip!

Bronwen likes this.
  8. janettekay

Though is looks like some pendant I have seen...hook is just way to big..surely would fall off a chain or cord !!!

judy, Any Jewelry and Bronwen like this.
  9. janettekay

Back to napkin holder....still in the mix ? Esp since the bent part sure looks like made from a small spoon????? Keeping with dinner motif/decor !!!:confused:

judy and Ashley Felton like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted