Featured Vintage Pennant Purchase - Brooklyn Dodgers, Boston Braves, & New York Giants

Discussion in 'Ephemera and Photographs' started by Joe2007, Mar 23, 2021.

1. Joe2007

Joe2007 Collector

Hello Folks,

I recently purchased this group of vintage baseball pennants from relocated/defunct teams at an estate auction. I was moderately concerned about their authenticity but a few knowledgeable folks over at the Net54baseball forums seem to think they are the real deal which is very exciting since I've been an avid baseball fan since childhood and love the old logos.

In hindsight I should have purchased a bunch more stuff from the auction I got these at, the previous owner had a wide variety of neat items that sold for surprisingly reasonable prices. Compared to other pennants of this age on the Bay these are in really great condition with little soiling and with their tips completely intact.

Now they get to reside in my hoard for hopefully a good long while.

Joe2007

Baseball - Brooklyn Dodgers The Bums Vintage Pennant.jpg Baseball - Boston Braves Vintage Pennant.jpg Baseball - New York Giants Vintage Pennant.jpg

2. Jerry Coker

Jerry Coker Active Member

Very nice, particularly like the Dodgers pennant, thanks for sharing!

Lucille.b, Joe2007 and cxgirl like this.
  3. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

congrats Joe, those are wonderful:) that Dodgers pennant is pretty cool:)

Lucille.b and Joe2007 like this.
  4. Joe2007

Joe2007 Collector

5. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Lucille.b likes this.
  6. Daniel G

Daniel G Well-Known Member

Definitely look authentic to me and very well kept! Net54 is a great resource, for sure. In case you are interested in more vintage pennants, I have some consigned at Ripley

https://www.invaluable.com/auction-lot/nice-lot-of-4-vintage-pennants-1949-red-sox-1967--d4b4d15b11

7. Potteryplease

Potteryplease Well-Known Member

Yes-- these are super nice, and great finds. ...and the Dodgers are still bums!

Draft saved Draft deleted