Vintage Pocket Watch ID Help?

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Tarren M Bailey, Jul 3, 2019.

1. Hello!
    I have recently come across a couple of vintage pocket watches which are (wow so beautiful) I was hoping for some help identifying some of them?!

1. Silver, engraved with bird on back, small floral ring on face center. Hallmark looks like a train and a bird with the letters ARGEN with 0800 underneath. Watch has two backplate pieces. Also says LITTLE DAISY REGISTERED NO.1 with a number below. silverwatch_1-1.jpg
    silverwatch_1-2.jpg
    silverwatch_1-3.jpg silverwatch_1-4.jpg

2. Second watch is gold with only the name Waltham in the center of the face.
    goldwatch_Waltham_1-1.jpg goldwatch_Waltham_1-2.jpg

Michael77 and KSW like this.
  2. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

The silver one is .800 silver, i.e. 80% rather than sterling. I don't recognize the maker, but I wouldn't. I would however have bought it for the choochoo (it's too cartoonish to be called a train) in the mark. The case is european; are there any marks on the watch movement? The second one is American, probably gold-filled.

Figtree3 and Michael77 like this.
  3. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Figtree3, patd8643 and Michael77 like this.
  4. Jivvy

Jivvy the research is my favorite

Figtree3 likes this.
  5. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

One thing I notice is that the trademarked phrase "Little Daisy" in the trademark application looks very different from the phrase on this watch. And a trademark is also for the design of the letters. As it says in the statement, it's for the trademark "in the accompanying drawing." I don't see a drawing so assume it's the lettering that is printed on the document.

So all I can say is, it might not or might be the right mark. :)

Jivvy likes this.
  6. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

@Tarren M Bailey , you might want to also show pictures of the full inner works inside. Those who know about watches can tell a lot from the insides.

Draft saved Draft deleted