Featured Vintage poster ID

Discussion in 'Ephemera and Photographs' started by Mikeinri, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Mikeinri

Mikeinri New Member

Measures 15" x 20"

I picked up these poster print lithographs and I am hoping someone here knows where it came from. I actually have 6 or 7 and they have no info in them except a year and made in USA and also a number in bottom right corner.

Attached Files:

2. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

Can't help with an ID, but I think they're very interesting. If you could get a good front-on shot of a couple and try reverse image searching, you might find them. They look rather like a set. I thought maybe a calendar, but they're probably too big for that. The colors look nice and dense, like they've been out of the light for a long time. No artist signature anywhere in the picture?

3. Mikeinri

Mikeinri New Member

No cannot find any signature. They are a couple different years from 1927-1930. Just says made in usa 1930..

KingofThings likes this.
  4. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

The colors are nice and bright, and they are attractive. The do seem a little large for a calendar, and may have just been issued as individual prints. I agree that the angle the photos are taken at will not allow for good online image match searching.

KingofThings likes this.
  5. Mikeinri

Mikeinri New Member

Hope this picture is better

Attached Files:

6. Mikeinri

Mikeinri New Member

Picture

Attached Files:

7. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

8. Jr85

Jr85 New Member

[​IMG] would love some information on this I'm thinking french hanging oil style library lamp ?

9. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

is it a photo?

10. Pat P

Pat P Well-Known Member

Nice prints!

If you look at the surface under a loupe or under a camera's maximum resolution, and see little dots, the prints are photomechanical (offset) lithographs. If you don't see dots, a higher quality printing process was used, though it's not likely these are original prints.

11. Mikeinri

Mikeinri New Member

They look original to me..

Draft saved Draft deleted