Vintage Rose Bowl ID

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Thrifster, Mar 7, 2022.

1. Thrifster

Thrifster Well-Known Member

This is a Vintage Diamond Pattern Rose Bowl I purchased today with a smooth/flat/clear no pattern polished bottom and no maker marks on the bowl.

The bowl measures about 2 1/2" in height and about 3 1/4" in width. The bowl is fairly heavy for it's size and the glass is thick with the bottom of the bowl measuring about 1/2" thick.

Can anyone ID the age, origin or maker of this rose bowl or provide any other information about it? Thanks in advance for all answers.

HPIM0887.JPG
    HPIM0888.JPG
    HPIM0892.JPG
    HPIM0893.JPG
    HPIM0894.JPG
    HPIM0896.JPG
    HPIM0897.JPG
    HPIM0901.JPG

2. Iowa Jayhawk

Iowa Jayhawk Well-Known Member

May be Waterford or Ceska. That's what our friends at Replacements say.

3. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

It's the right shape for a rose bowl, but boy is that small.

4. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Candle holder maybe? I can see a votive in that.

5. Thrifster

Thrifster Well-Known Member

Thanks for all the replies and info everyone! Yes, I thought maybe Waterford but I didn't think about Ceska. I didn't find any of their cut glass bowls with a a clear base. This one I think may be rather old, the polishing looks like it may been wheel polished with wood. Perhaps an unsigned ABP cut glass bowl. Thanks again for looking! Oh, BTW, I did find some small amount of candle wax inside of it so someone was most likely using it as a candle holder or Votive at some point in time.

Draft saved Draft deleted