Vintage Snipped Metal Christmas Tree - Help!

Discussion in 'Metalware' started by Bookahtoo, Dec 16, 2019.

1. Bookahtoo

Bookahtoo Moderator Moderator

I got this 10" tall Christmas tree yesterday. It is made up of snipped, graduated thin metal discs on a central pole. The tree has been painted green with lots of glitter. Each level can be rotated. What's so cool about it to me is the incredible detail of all of the little snipped metal ornaments on it. There are cone shaped candy holders, candles, and various shaped colored snipped metal ornaments, as well as sequins and mercury beads. Ignore the "star" - it is made of glitter covered cardboard and has broken apart. The stand is painted wood.

Please excuse all of the white fuzz on it - it's not dust, it must be polyester fiber fill from my grandson's secret santa gift he was making for a class mate yesterday.

Any ideas? Is it a homemade project?

smallDSCN1058.JPG
    smallDSCN1059.JPG

smallDSCN1060.JPG

smallDSCN1061.JPG

smallDSCN1063.JPG

smallDSCN1065.JPG
    smallDSCN1066.JPG

Christmasjoy, judy, komokwa and 5 others like this.
  2. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

3. Bookahtoo

cxgirl - are you the one who sells vintage Christmas stuff?

4. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Was it the early 70s when homemade metal art was all the rage ? I was in boy scouts and we made these whirligigs out of cans,lots of cut fingers !

Christmasjoy, judy, komokwa and 3 others like this.
  5. Bookahtoo

Can anyone suggest some search words for me? I'd like to find something like online.....

Christmasjoy, i need help and judy like this.
  6. Bookahtoo

7. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

2C6AFD98-0979-469C-AFD6-052CFA51F403.jpeg This is the guide for the tree you found from the book on Amazon.

komokwa likes this.
  8. Bookahtoo

Thanks I need help! It looks like a very similar tree - except for the ornaments.

Christmasjoy, komokwa and i need help like this.
  9. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

Are you on Facebook? There's a site called the Golden Glow of Christmas Past. You can only post vintage and antique stuff. These people are fanatics. Lovely pictures. Some of them are specialty collectors and they'd be able to tell you right away.