Vintage Wooden Soda Crates

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Joe2007, Oct 25, 2016.

1. Joe2007

Joe2007 Collector

Are these too common to be collectable? Some of the antique shops/malls around my area have stacks of them for sale but I'm not sure if they are selling. Coke, Pepsi, and some of the other common brands like 7up are the ones that I've seen most.

Your Thoughts?

KingofThings likes this.
  2. Mansons2005

Mansons2005 Nasty by Nature, Curmudgeon by Choice

I couldn't unload them until I showed them mounted on the wall as display shelf/cases. And then it still took months to sell most of them. On the other hand, metal wire milk cases (particularly the larger sized ones) sold within days of getting them in. BUT none sold strictly as collectibles, more as unique "useables".

3. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

They were made in the 100's of thousands.....but a good brand name.....and a clean crate ....is still a nice item for a country home or man cave !

4. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

They sell if the price is right. Here, it is about $10.00 for the more common ones.

5. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

Quite the difference in price depending on where you are.
    Up here the coke flats sell for $60-70, depending on condition. The large crates sell for $40-55, again depending on condition. They never hang around for more than a couple of days.
    Not many of the flat crates around here which is why they sell for more.

6. verybrad

Wow! .... I had Coke flats I couldn't hardly give away. Been a few years so maybe it is different now. Probably still have some tucked away.

7. verybrad

8. Charliebfc

Charliebfc Well-Known Member

I watched a t,v programme where they made a portable display unit out if them for shop fitting snapped up straight away ,

Not my thing thou even thou I like advertising,

Draft saved Draft deleted