Featured Violet Quartz Necklace

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by kardinalisimo, Jul 13, 2018.

1. kardinalisimo

kardinalisimo Well-Known Member

4853BFC4-EFA5-4AD0-8026-96567AAD796F.jpeg 6FD0000E-9D7E-4A86-9AD8-B58BF6B45D32.jpeg 147C4856-34E1-4D08-82BF-092AA4DCCAE7.jpeg No craftsmanship but I love the color.

2. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Amethyst, surely?

kyratango likes this.
  3. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

I would think so too. Nice colour.

kyratango likes this.
  4. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Looks like. It might be enhanced somehow, the rich purples often are these days, but definitely amethyst chunks.

judy and kyratango like this.
  5. kardinalisimo

kardinalisimo Well-Known Member

C3C4325D-257D-46F6-B32E-804E8383003C.jpeg Can’t tell if dyed. Not brand new but not terribly old neither.

6. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Love the color. It is my favorite.

7. Hollyblue

Hollyblue Well-Known Member

aaroncab likes this.
  8. Bdigger

Bdigger Well-Known Member

Amethyst isn’t often heat treated. There is plenty of it out there of good quality, so the expense of heat treatments isn’t necessary , unless it is for large gem grade stones. Smaller stones like these are most likely natural. Large amethyst crystals can vary in color a lot within the same crystal. Cutters will work with the best parts and discard the rest or use it for lesser grade beads. Google amethyst crystals and you’ll get a good idea of what I’m trying to explain.

judy and Any Jewelry like this.
  9. Hollyblue

Hollyblue Well-Known Member

Interesting since tons of amethyst is heat treated yearly,where else would citrine,prasolite and the dark Siberian amethyst come from?

judy likes this.
  10. Bdigger

Bdigger Well-Known Member

Citrine siberian amethyst and. prasolite are natural stones, although they can be created by heating amethyst. Quartz comes in a rainbow of colors, with each color getting a gem name, and each color can be heat treated to enhance or change it. Siberian amethyst is a name given to the high quality’s rich color found in the Ural Mountains.(natural citrine is rare, and yes most is heat treated amethyst). Maybe I wasn’t clear enough in my post.....I stand corrected.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
    judy and Any Jewelry like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted