W.Hooper & Co Welsh Dresser

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Mark Adam C, Jul 14, 2018.

1. Mark Adam C

Mark Adam C New Member

Hi, I need some help getting an estimate for a piece of furniture if anyone can help? Trying tonupload a file but it wont let me as the file is too big. Can email anyone who may have some expertise in this area any images etc

2. daveydempsey

daveydempsey Moderator Moderator

Reduce the size of the photo to below 1mb.
    When you upload click "Full Image"

judy likes this.
  3. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

4. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

We're kind of a gang here...so we all want to see what you've got.
    We're also not really a valuations site.....but with good clear photo's we will try to point you in the right direction to find a fair market price.

R U looking to buy it or sell it...?

judy likes this.
  5. Mark Adam C

Mark Adam C New Member

6B393870-AC68-4B49-B889-3AF629C14B45.jpeg 63E5D0B1-ECC3-40C5-842E-957F539B64D8.jpeg
    B71D99CA-B139-4A08-9DDD-C15FD2F4E966.jpeg

Figtree3 likes this.
  6. Mark Adam C

Mark Adam C New Member

Thanks for the responses, sorry for the delay but pics should be up now. Also its for my Mom and she is looking to sell

Mark

Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
  7. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Valuations are always market specific. Here in the US, you would have to practically give away something like this. Picked one up in solid maple for $35.00 thinking to make a profit and a quick turn at $99.00. 6 months later, I still had it. Removed the top, painted the base and sold it in 3 days for $145.00 :sorry: Still have the top to do something with.

Figtree3 and judy like this.
  8. Mark Adam C

Mark Adam C New Member

Thanks forbthe reply. What a shame. My Mom said its been in the family for 80 plus years so I thought I woukd see if anyone knew more about them. Give away it is then

Thanks

judy likes this.
  9. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

It's 1930s at the very earliest. The clue is the postal district, as well as the style of that ivorine plaque. Birmingham didn't get those numbers till 1932. It may possibly have been made in the 50s, there was a bit of a fashion for making older style things. E Gomme did it, amongst others.

It's useful and well made, but I don't think you'll sell it. Give the BHF a call: they will collect and the money will go to a good cause.

10. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

So the market in the UK is pretty much the same? It is a shame.

judy likes this.
  11. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Isn't it just. This would have been an expensive piece. It might do better in London, but I'd not see it as more than fifty to eighty pounds. If it were a lighter colour, maybe better.

12. silverthwait

silverthwait Well-Known Member

...why am I not in London...sigh...

Draft saved Draft deleted