W (lines) Logo on restaurant ware, anyone recognize

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by say_it_slowly, Mar 28, 2015.

1. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

This is from an individual creamer made by Syracuse dating 1960 (as near as I can tell). I haven't been able to sort out who the logo might be for, it's a W with three lines woven through it. I've looked at lots of logos and posted also on the Restaurant Ware website. I wondered if anyone recognizes it. Found in the Washington DC / Northern Virginia area though it could be from anywhere. Thanks!
    1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

judy and KingofThings like this.
  2. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I have a knife around here somewhere that has W on four lines but they are straight not woven like yours. It is from an inn called Weboes.
    I have no idea where it was located.
    greg

judy likes this.
  3. say_it_slowly

Thanks Greg though I did try Googling Weboes and didn't find anything so who knows? I have 9 of them so I'm wondering if it could have been local and no longer in business. But then again the place I got them regularly has things from all over the world (part of why I like it) so no idea.

judy likes this.
  4. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

Could it be from a railroad?

Fid and PortableTreasures like this.
  5. say_it_slowly

I've been trying to find any railroads with a W but so far no go. I think there used to be so many railroads that it may take some time to find many of them. It sure would be easier if I knew what those lines mean (but then life is a mystery:D).

Someone on the other site suggested that it might be woven like a fence so maybe a western theme or something. I'm still coming up dry but I'll try some more.

I guess that after 55 years a lot of logos, even from well known places, have likely been "updated" and it's hard to remember the old ones (at least for me).

6. Ladybranch

Ladybranch Well-Known Member

As Syracuse China was probably one of the most prolific maker of restaurant, hotel, railroad - commercial logo - china it may nearly impossible to ID thus logo. I tried running it through a reverse image search with nothing coming up. I agree that the 89 means it was made in 1960.

--- Susan

PortableTreasures and judy like this.
  7. say_it_slowly

Thanks Susan, I'm sure you're right it will be near impossible to ID. Thanks for trying image search as I hadn't tried yet, I don't seem to have very good results anytime I try. I was grasping at the hope someone would recognize/remember it. Thanks for the 1960 validation too:)

judy likes this.
  8. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

It looks as if it should be familiar.

9. say_it_slowly

This is my old thread from 2015 and I thought I'd see if any new eyes recognize the logo. In the past I looked at every railroad and restaurant I could think of from the 60's without success. The Restaurantware Collectors site is now closed. I did find one on Worthpoint that sold some years ago but without ID.

I'm thinking of finally moving them on (well at least thinking) and thought I'd give it another try. Look familiar?

PortableTreasures and judy like this.
  10. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

say_it_slowly likes this.
  11. say_it_slowly

Thanks ber, I did ask on the old site and they didn't know it. I did look through the archived Syracuse IDs but no luck.

I decided awhile back to delete my Facebook account:rolleyes:

judy and komokwa like this.
  12. Old Poet Girl

Old Poet Girl Member

Darn. I live in Northern Virginia. Will try to show this to some older folk I know. Maybe someone will have an idea. (People that were around in the 40's and 50's are getting harder to come by.)

say_it_slowly, judy and komokwa like this.
  13. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

I heard they don't like when you do that !!!

14. bercrystal

Maybe someone here is already part of the Facebook group & will ask for you.

It may be the same as here, someone different may see it this time.

say_it_slowly and judy like this.
  15. say_it_slowly

I've been in NVA and the outskirts since the early 60's but I was a child back then so I'm certain I wouldn't have known many of the restaurants as we didn't eat out very often. You never know what someone might remember:). My folks are long gone:(

16. say_it_slowly

Yea, well I already spend too much time on the computer and I decided I didn't need another reason. I also didn't like the creepy feeling that they were too much in my stuff:eek:. I should have the same feeling about Google I think however I feel that I get a lot more from them so more simpatico.

I never did the deep dive to remove all parts of FB so they may still be tracking me I guess. (Mark you're going to be so bored).

komokwa likes this.
  17. say_it_slowly

That would be nice if not too much trouble. :)

18. bercrystal

I decided early on that Facebook was not for me. A friend came to visit me a few years back & wanted to check her Facebook while she was here. I gave her access to to my desktop & she proceeded to show me photos of people I hadn't seen in 30 years. She also was giving me all these details of these people's lives & my eyes started to glaze over after just a few minutes.

I have several friends who are still active on it & it is all I can do not to run screaming when they tell me of the latest "scare" or some type of drama.

komokwa and say_it_slowly like this.
  19. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

I've never used Facebook either.

One of my sisters keeps me in the loop when anything is posted by my relatives. Another sister set up an account under a fake identity (a man no less). She doesn't post anything but it gets her in to follow other people. I thought I may try something like that so I can take advantage of some of the groups and the local marketplace.

But I'm still only thinking about it :rolleyes:

20. George Nesmith

George Nesmith Well-Known Member

Could the logo be a school or team logo?

Draft saved Draft deleted