WA Lamheart aquatint ?? Any thoughts?

Discussion in 'Art' started by CheersDears, Nov 21, 2020.

1. CheersDears

CheersDears Well-Known Member

I've taken this apart for a clean and am sorry to see that the twits who cut the new mount 25-odd years back used lots of glue. It is big, by my idea of a print. The picture measures 60 x 44 cm. After much squinting I figure it is WA Lamheart, and pencilled in the left corner is 36.210.

Googling produces only these two, which seem to be a pair, and one of which calls him/her Lambert. There is no other info that I can find, so if anyone can suggest where or how else I might look that'd be great. Also, suggestions as to age please, and any comments welcome. I say it's an aquatint but don't know, and imagine it is the original frame, which I repaired pretty heavily many years ago.

Thanks for having a look. P1110658.jpg P1110659.jpg P1110660.jpg P1110663.jpg P1110656 (1).jpg P1110657 (1).jpg Screen Shot 2020-11-21 at 2.44.40 pm.png Screen Shot 2020-11-21 at 10.47.51 pm.png P1110664 (1).jpg

Last edited: Nov 21, 2020
    Aquitaine and judy like this.
  2. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Your bat-wing frame may have more value than the print. Try William Adolphe Lambrecht.

3. CheersDears

@verybrad you are a genius! How I squinted at that signature!! Thank you. I will go looking. The batwing frame is pretty beat up, but William Adolphe Lambrecht, ey? What fun. Thanks so much again.

4. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

By day.

Screen Shot 2020-11-21 at 5.08.54 PM.png

For night... Add lovers.

Debora

5. CheersDears

Yes, thanks @Debora, there seem to be a few of that setting, in oil and otherwise. I think some of his pics are exquisite and others are truly hideous. It's good fun looking.

6. CheersDears

I'll watch this one on eBay -- though it is smaller than mine and minus the valuable batwing frame. ;) The seller provides heaps of info, which is kind of them. Thanks very much again, Brad and Debora Screen Shot 2020-11-22 at 3.54.05 pm.png

7. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Seems ambitious to me. I have had a couple of these over the years and have struggled to get even $100.00 for one.

8. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

I agree. Ambitious. There are no eBay Sold listings that would support that asking price.

Debora

9. CheersDears

I agree that that is one hugely optimistic seller, but were mine for sale $100 would suit me very well. There are some bigger asking prices for Mr Lambrecht, but selling ... ha! My recent attempts on eBay Aus have been 100pc dismal. Were I doing it for a living I'd be long dead.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2020
Draft saved Draft deleted