Featured Walking stick with funny face my once young family membersprobably added

Discussion in 'Art' started by Ihaveolditems, Jul 22, 2017.

1. Ihaveolditems

Ihaveolditems Active Member

IMG_0667.JPG IMG_0668.JPG IMG_0669.JPG IMG_0666.JPG it looked really old and antique... until I saw the face. And the bottom has some red thatched bottom . It's real wood though! What do you think the age is? It's atleast 30-40 years old by the way since I and my siblings remember it from decades ago

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2021
  2. Hollyblue

Hollyblue Well-Known Member

It's a Vine Curled Kentucky Walking Stick,if it had a wood spirit carved by a known artist it might be worth something.Otherwise it is just a stick.

LauraGarnet02, Figtree3, judy and 3 others like this.
  3. Ihaveolditems

So is the face original to the piece or is thqt just something someome cheeky added like im not sure of

judy, LauraGarnet02 and KingofThings like this.
  4. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

Still no enlargement luck?
    :(

5. Ihaveolditems

I got lazy sorry!!

KingofThings likes this.
  6. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

It's a PITA to look at such things on a phone and so you may not get all the help possible for many of us use phones part time or exclusively.
    :)

judy and SBSVC like this.
  7. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

I think your photos are a bit blurry because you are holding the phone too close. Try taking the photo a bit further away and then crop it to enlarge it and you'll get better focus.

8. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

Could it be twisted hazel? Which country are you in?

LauraGarnet02 likes this.
  9. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

I doubt you'll get an answer, KSW. Thread is from 2017. And the OP was last here in 2019. ;)

10. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

Lol, I wonder how I did that , did we have a spammer in the house? It was on the list of recent posts on the right.
    Guess we never did get better photos :hilarious:

Any Jewelry likes this.
  11. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Welcome to Antiquers, KSW. Like so many newbies you just revived an old thread.:)

.....KSW?:confused: Name rings a bell.... Oh, it's you KSW!:hilarious::kiss:

Bakersgma and judy like this.
  12. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

Ha, you are so funny :p
    That is odd though as even though FB was down and I was bored I didn’t go digging in old threads. It was just there, on the list on the right, waving at me saying hellooooo!.
    I mean, you know me, what is the likely hood of me searching for information about walking sticks with google eyes?!:wacky:
    Actually, on second thoughts, with the random scrap I bring home it’s definitely a possibility.
    I now know about these though so win win.

Any Jewelry likes this.
  13. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Strange, but stranger things have happened.;)

KSW and Bakersgma like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted