Wall plaque ?Dworski but no makers mark?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Miss Kasia Zawadzka, Jul 29, 2020.

1. Miss Kasia Zawadzka

Miss Kasia Zawadzka New Member

[​IMG][​IMG]

My mum is wondering whether this wall plaque she has is Adam Dworski?
    She has researched him after finding another one of her wall plaques is (but was marked as so) and found a similar face on this exhibition but couldn’t find out whose it was:http://www.mimara.hr/Aktualno/Adam Dworski - Izložba keramičkih radova _8698

Does anyone know about the mimara exhibition in Zagreb? The exhibition is written in a foreign language so she couldn’t figure out much more about this. I’m sure she will follow this thread to find out more :) (she just struggled to get the photos to embed properly :) )

antidiem likes this.
  2. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

I'd not heard of Adam Dworski before, but the tile sure does look extremely representational of his work, imho. I like it a lot too! How large is her tile shown? Does the size match similarly to what you've found online?

3. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Is it just a coincidence or is your mother also a member here?

4. Miss Kasia Zawadzka

Miss Kasia Zawadzka New Member

Yes she is - I told her about the site

antidiem likes this.
  5. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Not a problem. :) I just thought it it interesting to see a name that looked familiar on the pictures. ;)

6. linda summerfield

linda summerfield New Member

I’m here. Sorry I took a while to catch up :)

7. linda summerfield

Yes, the tile is very similar in size and I know what you mean about liking it. The back of the tile with lady is stoneware and concrete like. Where the other one is almost terracotta like. I did think they may not be attributable to Dworski, but then looking again at the Exhibition - Dworski is there in a photo sandwiched in between two exhibits, one of which bears an uncanny resemblance to the lady plaque. I also got them from the same place and nearly packed them off to charity shop.

8. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

@linda summerfield , I do think you have an original artist's tile piece, good you didn't send 'em packing! ;)

9. linda summerfield

I think so too lol

antidiem likes this.
  10. 5roadsbridget

5roadsbridget New Member

the rear hanging mechanism and the repeated shapes at the front look like him. I have 3 plaques, one my parents bought in the 60's or 70's from his studio and 2 we were given by cousins for our wedding in 1991

antidiem likes this.
  11. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

I realize this is an older thread but if Linda is still around, I see that sometimes Dworski used impressed initials on the front of his pieces. The bottom right corner of your plaque seems to have something that isn't the same as the other circles in a heart. Could it be AD?

upload_2020-10-25_8-18-26.png

http://www.studiopottery.com/cgi-bin/mp.cgi?item=372

antidiem likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted